fmpro

Weekend Estimates (Easter 2013) pg 13

Paramount said in their e-mail this morning that it's prod budget was $130m. $185m with marketing does sound about right, though.

Much better then. GI Joe 3 is coming.

The best case scenario right now is that they get a 4.5-day opening that's as big as Rise of Cobra's 3-day opening. Unadjusted for 3D/inflation. Unless OS numbers are really strong then it seems evident that the year-long delay for a 3D conversion wasn't worth it when they missed out on a summer release. 

My predictionsThursday - $10.5MFriday - $12MSaturday - $14MSunday - $10MThree-day gross: $36MFour-day gross: $46.5MFilms always hold well over Easter.It was probably a stretch for it to earn over $50 four day anyways.

My predictionsThursday - $10.5MFriday - $12MSaturday - $14MSunday - $10MThree-day gross: $36MFour-day gross: $46.5MFilms always hold well over Easter.It was probably a stretch for it to earn over $50 four day anyways.

Not really. Movies never increase on Saturday and Sunday is a very weak day.

Movie usually stay flat or drop on Saturday and drop really hard on Sunday during

The best case scenario right now is that they get a 4.5-day opening that's as big as Rise of Cobra's 3-day opening. Unadjusted for 3D/inflation. Unless OS numbers are really strong then it seems evident that the year-long delay for a 3D conversion wasn't worth it when they missed out on a summer release.

Paramount's executives are probably thinking, "Oh well. It was worth a try."The 9 month push strategy never works. It didnt work for JTGS. And it won't work for GIJ2.

I wonder if G.I. Joe 3 will happen?

Hasbro certainly wants to keep selling GIJoe toys, so they have 2 choices:

-spend money to make GIJoe 3

-spend money to make 26 episodes of a new GIJoe cartoon

Either way, they're spending money to produce new content. It probably really depends on how GIJoe 2 does overseas. If it can grow from the first, and if it looks like a 3rd will be a success too, then they'll go the movie route. If the movie just doesn't click, then they'll make a new tv show, and probably try a reboot movie in about 5-6 years.

Jack the Giant Slayer -91% and 10$ average. LOL

I was wondering if JTGS would fail to pass Hoult's other movie this year, Warm Bodies. It looks like the answer to that is "yes".

So Hoult has a small breakout hit and a colossal failure in close succession.

Parmounts first words on the numbers were about how much it can increase today (Fri) according to Nikki's article. So maybe they aren't too happy just yet.

Film looks a mess anyway.

The Deadline article sounds really positive about GI Joe. This is despite the Thursday gross starting off at 12 million and making its way down to 10.5. The article has always been "GI Joe opens with big 12/11/10.5 million Thursday gross".

This is really surprising considering that Nikki is normally more angry and sarcastic when such things happen.