baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Hey Baumer, could you clarify this for me in regard to the lowest grossing movies...

"For every film that makes the bottom 5 that you call correctly, you will receive 10,000. For every film you call incorrectly, you will lose 5,000. If you can call 3 of 5 right, you get a 50,000 bonus. If you call 4 or 5 right, you get a 100,000 point bonus. There are no deduction of points for wrong answers. This is 100% bonus for you."

Do we lose points for incorrect answers or is this just purely bonus points?  I'm not sure if I am reading it correctly or not.

Thanks

This evening after work I am going to put aside all of my other commitments and get down to this game questions. I will have the game up and ready to go by the end of tonight. That is a guarantee. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 3

I'm gonna win this. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind.

And an awesome avatar. You get 500,000 bonus points to start because of it. :)
  • Like 1

Top 15:

1: Iron Man 3 - 398M
2: Monsters University - 328m
3: Star Trek Into Darkness - 323m
4: Despicable Me 2 - 301m
5: Man of Steel - 278m
6: Fast and Furious 6 - 230m
7: The Lone Ranger - 163m

8: The Hangover - Part III - 153m

9: White House Down - 152m
10: Elysium - 137m
11: The Heat - 134m
12: The Wolverine - 120m
13: After Earth - 118m
14: Turbo - 114m
15: World War Z - 98m 

International Flair #1 (WW):
1: Monsters University - 930m
2: Iron Man 3 - 920m 
3: Fast & Furious 6 - 680m
4: Man of Steel - 675m
5: Despicable Me 2 - 630m
6: Star Trek Into Darkness 548m
7: The Hangover Part III - 485m
8: After Earth - 365m
11: The Wolverine - 320m
10: White House Down - 295m

International Flair #2 (WW OW):
1: Iron Man 3
2: Fast and Furious 6
3: Hangover 3
4: Man of Steel
5: Monsters University

Opening Weekend (3-day):
1: Iron Man 3 - 157.8m 
2: Star Trek Into Darkness - 110.3m
3: Fast & Furious 6 - 100.2m
4: Monsters University - 98.0m
5: Man of Steel - 94.5m
6: Despicable Me 2 - 70.5m
7: The Hangover Part III - 60.3m

Lowest grossing (NO GROSS):
1: The To-Do List
2: Paranoia
3: The Big Wedding
4: Purgue          
5: The Conjuring

First Bonus Question: Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.

1) The Big Wedding
2) The Purge
3) We're The Millers
4) 300 Rise of an Empire
5) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - 11.5m

Second Bonus Question: Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer:

1) Kick Ass 2
2) Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters
3) Two Guns - 73m
4) RIPD

Thir Bonus Question: Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing INTERNAIONALLY (NOT WW, ONLY INTERNATIONALLY....ALL FIGURES ACCORDING TO BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM)?

1) World War Z
2) Pacific Rim
3) Smurfs 2
4) Star Trek 2
5) Fast and Furious - 425m

Triple Bonus

1) Will more than 2 films gross at least 130 million dollars Opening weekend domestically? No
2) Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day? No
3) Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 250 million? No
4) Will any film make more than 31.5 million this summer in Australia? Yes
5) Will any film make more than 45 million dollars this summer in the UK box office? Yes
6) Will any film make more than 50 million in CHINA this summer? Yes
7) Will at least 2 films make more than 875 mill WW this summer? Yes
8) Will least 3 films, listed as a comedy by Box Office Mojo, make more than 130 million dollars this summer?No
9) Will at least 2 animated film have a WW gross of more than 650 million dollars? Yes
10) Which combination of films will make more money domestically?

1) Iron Man 3, Percy Jackson, Blue Jasmine, The Conjuring
2) This is the End, Despicable Me 2, The Lone Ranger, Pain and Gain
3) Star Trek 2, Wolverine, Planes, Crystal Fairy, Red 2
4) Grown Ups 2, Heat, Pacific Rim, World War Z, Man of Steel

11) Will any film make more than 30 million in Russia this summer? Yes
12) Will the top three films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 3 spots add up to more than slots 4-8. Yes
13) Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 44.5%? Yes

14) Will Star Trek, Fast Five or Iron Man have a Saturday increase No

15) Will Monster's University be the top grossing animated film this year in any of these three regions Yes 

17) A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 150 million dollars this summer? No

B) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 40 mill? No
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%? Abstain
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 18 mill? No

Bonus Question of all Bonus Questions:

1) Will IM3 make at least 360 million domestically? Yes
2) Will IM3 make more than 500 million internationally? Abstain
3) Will IM3 do at least 25 million for midnights (including Thurs)? No
4)) Will IM3 make at least 880 million WW? Yes
Edited by GoffeSteel

Top 15. 

1. Iron Man 3-410

2. Despicable Me 2- 360

3. MU- 330

4. ST2- 325

5. FF6- 300

6. Man of Steel-260

7. Hangover 3- 210

8. Lone Ranger- 205

9. The Smurfs 2- 180

10. White House Down-175

11. Grown Ups 2- 155

12. The Heat- 145

13. After Earth 135

14. Wolverine 130

15. Gatsby 120

Opening Weekend

1. Iron Man 3- 165

2. Star Trek 2- 130

3. Monsters University- 108

4. Fast Six- 106

5. Despicable Me 2- 85

6. Hangover- 80

7. Man of Steel- 76

Will do the rest later. 

I'm going to fix the Summer Game up now.One thing, just like last year, the International Flair #2, it is not for WW opening weekend, but the 5 best WW weekends of the summer. The reason for this is there are films that open in one or two markets ahead of their WW launch. So get rid of opening weekend and just make it the best 5 WW weekends. I'll update more now.....

The way you worded both of those, does it mean the gross is not needed? Also, do we need to present a ranked top 5 in both instances or just name five films in any order?

You would be correct in your assumption. These two questions (best WW weekend and 5 lowest grossing WIDE films) do not require a gross.
  • Like 2

Whats's the rule if one summer release moves to a new summer or non-summer date? G.I. JOE: RETALIATION ruined it last year.

If a film gets moved, then the rule is that it gets removed from the top 15 and now we just have a top 14. Last year was a very special circumstance and I don't anticipate it happening again.Once the game has started, nothing can be changed. But I am not going to penalize someone for picking a film in their top 15 and then the studio decides to move it.

International flair #2: Are grosses needed? NO

Thursday opening if applicable, what does this mean? Still 3 day or is it 31/4 days?

A FILM'S GROSS FOR INTERNATIONAL WEEKEND IS WHATEVER IS REPORTED BY SCREENDAILY OR THR. IF A FILM OPENS WEDNESDAY AND THAT MONEY IS COUNTED IN THE WEEKEND TOTAL, THEN THAT IS THE NUMBER WE GO BY. IT'S TOO HARD TO SEPARATE GROSSES FROM CERTAIN DAYS. SO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN MAKING YOUR PICKS.

Will be be a give a grace period if a movie changes to a Wednesday opening after the deadline? SEE ABOVE

What kind of points are there for calling the 15 in the right order? TOP 15? THIS WAS COVERED. Call all 15 correct, regardless of order, and you get a 750,000 point bonus.

For WW OW (best weekend): Say DOM IM3 opens to 150M DOM and OS wknd is 90M (2nd wknd) is that 240M or do we take away from the 90M the previous weekend openers?

THIS IS FOR WW WEEKENDS. WW INCLUDES NORTH AMERICA.

International flair #2: Are grosses needed? NO

Thursday opening if applicable, what does this mean? Still 3 day or is it 31/4 days?

A FILM'S GROSS FOR INTERNATIONAL WEEKEND IS WHATEVER IS REPORTED BY SCREENDAILY OR THR. IF A FILM OPENS WEDNESDAY AND THAT MONEY IS COUNTED IN THE WEEKEND TOTAL, THEN THAT IS THE NUMBER WE GO BY. IT'S TOO HARD TO SEPARATE GROSSES FROM CERTAIN DAYS. SO TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN MAKING YOUR PICKS.

Will be be a give a grace period if a movie changes to a Wednesday opening after the deadline? SEE ABOVE

What kind of points are there for calling the 15 in the right order? TOP 15? THIS WAS COVERED. Call all 15 correct, regardless of order, and you get a 750,000 point bonus.

For WW OW (best weekend): Say DOM IM3 opens to 150M DOM and OS wknd is 90M (2nd wknd) is that 240M or do we take away from the 90M the previous weekend openers?

THIS IS FOR WW WEEKENDS. WW INCLUDES NORTH AMERICA.

Edited by baumer

Hey Baumer, could you clarify this for me in regard to the lowest grossing movies...

"For every film that makes the bottom 5 that you call correctly, you will receive 10,000. For every film you call incorrectly, you will lose 5,000. If you can call 3 of 5 right, you get a 50,000 bonus. If you call 4 or 5 right, you get a 100,000 point bonus. There are no deduction of points for wrong answers. This is 100% bonus for you."

Do we lose points for incorrect answers or is this just purely bonus points?  I'm not sure if I am reading it correctly or not.

Thanks

That is just pure bonus.  I'm going to get rid of losing points for the bottom five.  It's hard enough as it is.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

So, with the International Flair in mind, here is what your headings should look like:Top 151:2:3:4:5:6:7:8:9:10:11:12:13:14:15:International Flair #1 (WW):1:2:3:4:5:6:7:8:9:10:International Flair #2 (BEST WW WEEKEND)no gross required:1:2:3:4:5:Opening Weekend (3-day)DOMESTIC1:2:3:4:5:6:7:Lowest grossing films (no gross required)1:2:3:4:5:PRE SEASON BONUS QUESTIONS