Hiccup

Hiccup's Critical Review Year 7

9. Assassin’s Creed- Another video game film. Yeah I am excited for this! This is the only video game outside of Madden, NBA 2K, or Need for Speed that I enjoy. Don’t fuck it up Alpha although I am betting you won’t. I am very happy he went with a R rating on the film and the action should be amazing in 3D!!

Prediction: SUCESS! Should make it into Top 25!

8. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass: Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass was a fucking amazing film. It took #1 on my Top 25 in Year 5. Cult classic. The Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson films I haven’t been such a fan of. I simply tolerant the series. They are fun mindless film but not Top 25 or even Top 30 material. I was hoping for a Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass 2 not a pair up with Norris and Neeson. Oh well. I am still excited for this film.

Prediction: FAILURE! 

7. Doomsday: I have zero idea what to expect from this film and that is way I am excited. I hear it was going to be a trilogy so that is exciting! I still don’ know why I am so amped for this film but I am. I literally can’t wait to read it!!!

Prediction: SUCCESS! Might be in Top 25!

• Like 1

6. Justice League- I have never been a huge fan of DC Comics outside of Batman, but Justice League still makes my 6th most anticipated film of Year 7. The outside stories are done and now the Justice League is left and it should be big. The average for the set up stories is 145.8 million, which is solid not big though. Still I think this will be a hit and most definitely should end up on my Top 25!

Prediction: SUCCESS! Will make the Top 25!

• Like 1

The Office: An American Workplace Analysis: The Office has wrapped up on TV and O$corp Studios purchased the rights for The Office. The studio is keeping the original cast since the film will only be a SINGLE installment. The film will be directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller (21 Jump Street). The film will not be a single long released film but be made up of two 50-minute “episodes”.  The studio decided that this approach was better than releasing a single 100 minute storyline. The film will go back into The Office history and Erin, Gabe, and Holly will not be in it. The film will take place between Season 3 and Season 4. The exact plot is unknown but is promised to be fun and amazing. So how will this far in the box office? We listed a list of pros and cons.

Pros: Very popular show and well liked, wide demographic, original xast, Steve Carell, takes place when the show was considered good, Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing, May release date, and little competition

Cons: Might not be seen as a “must make into movie”, recent decline in popularity, Call of Duty 2 on its second weekend, and original cast could hurt the film.

List of Famous TV Adaptions: Star Trek: 257.7M, The Simpsons Movie: 183.1M, Sex and the City: 152.6M, 21 Jump Street: 138.4M, The Last Airbender: 131.8M, Get Smart: 130.3M, The Addams Family: 113.5M, The X-Files: 83.9M, Hannah Montana The Movie: 79.6M, and The Three Stooges: 44.3M

O$corp Pictures in predicting a 35-40M opening weekend but we personally think it could go higher to The Simpson Movie heights (65-75M). 

Posted Image

It could. The show draws 4-5 million viewers per episode that roughly translates into $32-$40 million with a $8 ticket price.  At its height it pulled 8-9 million viewers per episode and that translates into $64M-$72 million.

Edited by Hiccup

It could. The show draws 4-5 million viewers per episode that roughly translates into $32-$40 million with a $8 ticket price. 

That doesn't mean every person who watches the show is going to see the movie ;)

I'd go for around $25-30 million. Anything past $35 million is an extent.

Edited by Alpha

That doesn't mean every person who watches the show is going to see the movie ;)

I'd go for around $25-30 million. Anything past $35 million is an extent.

Yeah that is definitely possible...however it could pull more too since it is a movie adaption not just a single 20 minute episode  ;)  ;)

Yeah that is definitely possible...however it could pull more too since it is a movie adaption not just a single 20 minute episode  ;)  ;)

I'd guess the high bar is $35 million. Anything over that is doubtful.

the Simpsons movie comparision isn't as accurate because The office isn't nearly as popular at the Simpsons at the time, who are so embedded in pop culture, unlike The Office.

It should do good numbers. What time of year is it opening?

I'd guess the high bar is $35 million. Anything over that is doubtful.

the Simpsons movie comparision isn't as accurate because The office isn't nearly as popular at the Simpsons at the time, who are so embedded in pop culture, unlike The Office.

It should do good numbers. What time of year is it opening?

May and it is the only comedy for a while

Wait, how can a film be in one of the most anticipated, but predicted to be a failure in the Top 25? I don't understand it to be honest. :P

It happens a lot for me. I really like a film pre-release but get disappointed.