Hiccup

Hiccup's Critical Review Year 7

Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Just when we thought it'd be another year of an old favorite winning BP, Hunch, who hasn't participated in quite a while, could make one of the best movies in a while.

Anyways, the Bible quote is from the section "Moses and the Glory Of the Lord"

12 Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ 13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”

14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

15 Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

17 And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”
Edited by Alpha

Just when we thought it'd be another year of an old favorite winning BP, Hunch, who hasn't participated in quite a while, could make one of the best movies in a while.

Anyways, the Bible quote is from the section "Moses and the Glory Of the Lord"

12 Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ 13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”

14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

15 Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

17 And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

I honesty think Hunch will steal the Top 25 even if the film turns out decent because my anticipation is sky high. 

I am very well aware were the verse is from. I am a Christian so that definitely helps build my anticipation for the film greatly.

I think that Nebula can only be described as extremely divisive. 

Nebula is going to be one of those movies that is really, REALLY divisive. It'll get both amazing reviews saying it's the best movie of CAYOM 2.0, and terrible reviews that it's illogical and stupid, and it deserves to be laid into the obscurity of all CAYOM films.

Nebula is going to be one of those movies that is really, REALLY divisive. It'll get both amazing reviews saying it's the best movie of CAYOM 2.0, and terrible reviews that it's illogical and stupid, and it deserves to be laid into the obscurity of all CAYOM films.

We can't judge the film yet.... mean all we have is the tagline to go on. No cast, No plot...nothing really. However the tagline is very successful. Builds anticipation and curiosity. 

We can't judge the film yet.... mean all we have is the tagline to go on. No cast, No plot...nothing really. However the tagline is very successful. Builds anticipation and curiosity. 

I think right now, based on that tagline, it's in my Top 5 list.

No pressure Hunch! :P

Since I am so excited to review I decided to review two major films for each month until Part 1 is completely closed. Then I will review the remaining films. 

Schedule:

January: Unbalanced 4 and Penumba 

February: Bone: Solistice and SCP Foundation

March: The Wanders and Assassin's Creed

April: The Doppleganger and Blank

May: Justice League and Call of Duty: Eye of the Storm

June: Spark: Ignition and Thomas The Tank Engine

July: The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief and LucIId

August: Amulet and Extrasensory

September: The Terrible Plight Of Freddy Zapper and The Fall Of Boss Tweed

October: Heavy Rain and The Vast Dark: Shadows of the Past

November: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

December: The Rise and Fall Of Julius Caesar and Shiloh

• Like 4

Unbalanced 4: Yes, there are definite signs of aging appearing in the fourth installment however Unbalanced 4 remains a terrific horror film that is frightening, thrilling, and terrifying. They 3D is terrific throughout the enter film although not necessary for most of the stories. The Giant Spider 3D ending story was completely sensual in 3D!! Graphic, bloody, and violent!!!

7.0/10

Edited by Hiccup

I don't think sensual is the right way to describe a Giant Spiders story. :lol:  :lol: :lol:

Good thing there are spiders in Penumbra, too... It'll probably help me get a better review.

Penumbra: While suspenseful and occasionally terrifying, this video game adaption is merely a poor horror flick. The ending leaves you unsatisfied and wanting more. I am not a fan of horror video game adaptions and this film proved to me why I still dislike them. Good premise but poor job handling it. The film felt too toned down with a PG-13 rating and could have been better with an R rating.

5.0/10

Bone: Solstice- More enjoyable and fun than the first, the second installment of the Bone graphic novel series boosts an excellent voice cast and plot line. The film had an exciting and fast moving plot line, which will entertain both adults and child, however not too young children. The 3D was good and added to the film in a good way. Definitely a great film for boring and dull month February.

8.7/10

• Like 1

Happy to see the first review of Bone is positive. :D 

May: Justice League and Call of Duty: Eye of the StormJune: Spark: Ignition and Thomas The Tank EngineJuly: The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief and LucIId

Looks like I've got summer domination. 8)

The SCP Foundation: Fun and scary, The SCP Foundation is a good horror film that will entertain and delight many horror fans. The creatures in the film are very well done and are terrifying. The cast is fun and pretty big for a horror movie. Good horror film. 

7/10

The SCP Foundation: Fun and scary, The SCP Foundation is a good horror film that will entertain and delight many horror fans. The creatures in the film are very well done and are terrifying. The cast is fun and pretty big for a horror movie. Good horror film. 

7/10

I'm surprised. I though SCP would be a huge flop with critics.

Well, I am going to do a sequel called SCP Foundation Tales. not because it got a good review, but because of the mention of the movie. It'll be a bit like Unbalanced, except the stories are about a different monster, or "SCP." 

Then SCP Foundation Tales 2, and then SCP-087-B.

I'm surprised. I though SCP would be a huge flop with critics.

Well, I am going to do a sequel called SCP Foundation Tales. not because it got a good review, but because of the mention of the movie. It'll be a bit like Unbalanced, except the stories are about a different monster, or "SCP." 

Then SCP Foundation Tales 2, and then SCP-087-B.

I like horror movies so my review doesn't reflect the others very well.