Alpha

Alpha's Reviews: Year 7 (Top 25 Finished)

5. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass

This series has been a huge success since movie one with making audiences laugh, and this new installment keeps that statement alive. It's fun, entertaining, and funny, adding along a new villain; Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass, from the acclaimed Year 5 film that unfortunately missed Oscar chances. It's an entertaining popcorn movie you won't wanna miss.

• Like 2

4. A Woman In The Crowd

One of the saddest films of the year. About a woman who's existence slips away from people's minds after a short period of time, it's mysterious, depressing, but mystical. Anna Kendrick gives an amazing performance as Lyra, the main character. With some of the best writing in ages, A Woman In The Crowd is one of the best films of the year.

• Like 1

3. Extrasensory

I read this film a while back, before Part 1 had begun. It was a disturbing, yet extremely brilliant piece of work. The revised version adds some nice thing such as more background and character development, but the harrowing, chilling premise remains untouched. This was a film that had a very interesting premise, and ended up being one of the better sci-fi movies this year. It's intense, disturbing and creepy, and one of Darren Aronofsky's best work.

• Like 1

2. White Cargo

Being of Irish heritage, this film affected me a lot. It's strength is capitalizing on how history books ignore Irish slavery like they do on Franklin Pierce (because who knows about Franklin Pierce?), and gives it a reason why we should remember the history of Irish slavery. "None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal. These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot." It should be the winner of Best Documentary, and deserves to be nominated for Best Picture.

• Like 1

THE FULL LIST:

1. The Rich and Famous - 9/10
2. White Cargo - 9/10
3. Extrasensory - 8.5/10
4. A Woman In The Crowd - 8.5/10
5. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass - 8.5/10
6. Reality Shift - 8.5/10
7. The Terrible Plight Of Freddy Zapper - 8.5/10
8. The Rise and Fall Of Julius Caesar - 8/10
9. Risk Management - 8/10
10. The Three-Month Funeral - 8/10
11. Seeing Her - 8/10
12. Walking With You - 8/10
13. Innocense - 8/10
14. Heavy Rain - 7.5/10
15. Among The Hidden - 7.5/10
16. The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief - 7.5/10
17. Amulet - 7.5/10
18. Hollywood - 7.5/10
19. Top Gear Adventures: Our'Nam - 7.5/10
20. Bone - Solstice - 7/10
21. Miserable Fans - 7/10
22. Spark 2: Ignition - 7/10
23. Blank - 7/10
24. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time - 7/10
25. The Storyteller - 7/10
HM. Frindle - 7/10
HM. The Boy In The Watchtower - 7/10
HM. Amnesia: The Dark Descent - 7/10
HM. LucIId - 6.5/10
HM. The Scottsboro Boys - 6.5/10
HM. The Blue Belt - 6.5/10
HM. Le Plaisir Faux - 6.5/10
HM. Justice League - 6.5/10
HM. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Return Of Queen Chrysalis - 6.5/10
HM. The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - 6.5/10

Edited by Victorious Iron Alpha
  • Like 1

I won't blame people for not having Celluloid Heroes. It's basically a comedy centered around parodying films that don't exist.

Fortunately, CH2 won't have that excuse, and it's going to be so, so awesome.

I won't blame people for not having Celluloid Heroes. It's basically a comedy centered around parodying films that don't exist.Fortunately, CH2 won't have that excuse, and it's going to be so, so awesome.

That's why I made that post that gave info on all the references. I bet no one read it. :P

Sorry, I just didn't quite get the jokes in the movie.

What an unfortunate event, sorry.

I am believing this is because I didn't like Amulet? You revenge?