Wadey Wilsoney

That movie didn't age very well

The majority of films from 2000-2009 are gonna looked dated in awhile from all that insipid digital color grading.

With that in mind-just about every film from the 1970s-quite a few of them have that "70's look" where they are faded.

Of course just about every sci-fi from the 1960s with how they thought the future be :P (Back to the Future 2 was having fun with that-they knew there be no flying cars and stuff)

Ace Ventura seems dated.

Beverly Hillbillies has a VERY outdated joke that is amusing, here I will explain it:

There is a scene in the high school where every teen picks up a cell phone. Why is this a joke? At the time only rich kids would of had cell phones.

Edit: There is another very dated joke that was outdated within months of the release-where a cameo by Zsa Zsa Gabor they mention she was in a drive by...slapping. (She slapped a cop that was in the news in 1993-I didn't get the joke either until I was told why it was funny)

Edited by Impact

it's dated compared to TPM cause it had more special effects instead of pratical effects, not because it was shot on film or in digital

Its a combo of both, I mean look at ROTS 3 years later it looks light years ahead of AOTC. 

With that said im a HUGE film advocate, and I think film ages much much better. 

The problem with many digital movies in the last decade is that you can't really remaster them down the road. They are what they are. They look nice now, but 10-15-20 years from when we're all watching 8k (or whatever) movies, they'll still be 2K with no way upwards (there are a few that shot and finished in 4k, but those are few and far between). Meanwhile, a movie like NORTH BY NORTHWEST -- 60+ years old but shot in 65mm VistaVision -- can be rescanned and remastered and look as good as anything made today.

• Like 1