RyneOh1040

Weekend #s WKND BO: #42 $27.3M, #ScaryMovie5 $15.2M, Croods $13.2M GIJoe2 $10.8M

So Evil Dead looks to drop about 60-63%. Not quite the Texas Chainsaw. Friday 13th, Devil Inside "big tumble" after all. $42m in 10 days is great.

Yep, and it looks like it could do about 80 WW. So a decent success.

@ERCBoxOffice: Welcome to the Top 10! THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES found $1.2M in 514 theaters on Friday.Really good expansion. Should hit 7k PTA depending on its Saturday jump. @Boxoffice: TRANCE: $286,000 Friday (est) / $460,608 Domestic Total / 438 Locations / $653 Location Avg. #TranceWell, it was never going to be a hit anyway. GI Joe was definitely hurt by competition, and The Croods had its first major drop compared to HTTYD. Real winner of the weekend was 42. I don't think anybody was expecting 30m weekend and A+ Cinemascore.

No surprises here.White guilt always makes big success.The Help.DjangoLincoln

I would LOVE to see a so-called black film that is not about slavery or racism, that doesn't feature the "magic negro" trope, that is not seen through the eyes of a white protagonist, or that doesn't need a major white star to "guarantee that white audiences go see it," and still becomes a major, major hit across all demos. I'm not taling 70-80 million dollar hit, I mean 200 million dollar hit. And no, Movies starring Will Smith or Denzel are not perceived as "black" movies. Edited by cochofles