A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

13 hours ago, antovolk said:

Well by teaser it does mean a 15-sec 'trailer for a trailer' that we get before every trailer release anyway, not a teaser trailer, so....

Oh I know, but at this point anything is exciting for this film.

• Like 2

The only reason I want to see the trailer is to find out why there any hype for this at all.  It's not a knock but with no pics, no actual story released yet, no bts, no TV spot, nothing, this thread keeps getting bumped so I need to see what the big deal is about finally :P

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 75live said:

The only reason I want to see the trailer is to find out why there any hype for this at all.  It's not a knock but with no pics, no actual story released yet, no bts, no TV spot, nothing, this thread keeps getting bumped so I need to see what the big deal is about finally :P

I'll give you a hint

Her first name starts with a J

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 75live said:

Well, it has hype because Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, basically.

Although there is more to it then that, of course. Those who read an early draft of the script had very positive things to say about it, It got rave reactions from the few people who saw early footage at CinemaCon and the few seconds from the leaked sizzle reel look very promising.

I hope the trailer we get on Thursday is a great one, I bet it's going to create a lot of buzz.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Seems like the official Facebook is up with another new logo (I guess for the domestic marketing, while the international will use the really sci-fi one we got at CinemaCon)

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPassengersMovie/

So this is what, the third or fourth logo by now? LOL. I hope Sony figures out how to promote this thing before it actually hits theaters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

So this is what, the third or fourth logo by now? LOL. I hope Sony figures out how to promote this thing before it actually hits theaters.

3rd actually haha.

Seems there will be two logos - the sleek one from CinemaCon for the international marketing, and the one on that Facebook for the U.S..

Which also makes me think we may get two trailers (international and domestic) on Thursday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 75live said:

I appreciate the attempt to explain it, but still no real reasons yet :P

However, I hope the trailer changes that :) 

The rave reviews of the footage were across the board rave reviews.  Variety put it near the top of most buzzed about at CinemaCon, and those critics who wrote it up (Forbes, Telegraph, LA Times, Hollywood Reporter, Variety as well as the bloggers etc.) didn't just say 'good' but along the lines of 'you have got to get excited for this one.'  International response has been the same. I hope that when you see the trailer you will agree.  I hope I will too!  The leaked sizzle reel stuff looked terrific. Jen and Pratt are supposed to have real chemistry.

3 hours ago, pepper83 said:

That new passengers logo is such a downgrade from the international one.

Can't help but wonder if it wasn't changed because @antovolk immediately tweeted to Sony how ugly the first one was...  :P

I wish they'd use the modified version of the poster ordinary people are using:

CiXZiOUWUAAhcdU.jpg

• Like 1

Guys, guys, I can't keep watching you suffer like that: why don't you just put yourself in cryosleep - and the Shay will wake your asses up when they finally! release the trailer?

I promise I won't be waking you up before then - or doing nasty things to you while you sleep.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

Guys, guys, I can't keep watching you suffer like that: why don't you just put yourself in cryosleep - and the Shay will wake your asses up when they finally! release the trailer?

I promise I won't be waking you up before then - or doing nasty things to you while you sleep.

LOL!  I might almost have taken you up on it until I read the last part and remembered who was posting.

It might actually be a blessing to be in cybersleep until then.  There's certainly no way I can make time move faster...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shayhiri said:

never closing my eyes again

• Like 4

22 hours ago, 75live said:

It stars Jennifer Lawrence, who has managed to fool simpletons into thinking she's something special because she trips on red carpet and demands to eat pizza, making her relatable in said simpletons' eyes.