A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

1 minute ago, ddddeeee said:

Holy crap.

Chris Pratt Hair Loss 02

The idea that some people have to fill in their hairlines is amusing to me. Wish someone would do that for me.

Watch all the Die Hard films.

How Nicolas Cage survived so long without natural hair tho ?

Always felt like he is a part of a secret NASA science project regarding hair.

Hair transplants fly under the radar, as far as celebrity cosmetic procedures go, only the really egregious/bad cases get called out, like Piven being less bald than he was in the 90s, or Travolta. Clooney's hairline completely shifts downward, Neeson's hair thickens up again, and they're just "aging gracefully". With Pratt, the focus has all been on his weight loss, so you don't realize right away that it's not the only thing that's changed. 

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Well, to confirm that the movie is on for December and that the EW article wasn't just already in the works (not that that was likely) here is something actually from Sony on the date:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Well, to confirm that the movie is on for December and that the EW article wasn't just already in the works (not that that was likely) here is something actually from Sony on the date:

So Sony actually remembered this exists? Maybe they'll remember to put the trailer out soon too...

• Like 2

This conversation around the trailer release for 'Passengers', and other conversations I've seen about marketing, has me curious why the general wisdom seems to be that a trailer always needs to be released well before a film opens. I'm just thinking out loud: what is wrong with releasing a trailer a few months before a movie opens instead of 6 months to a year beforehand?

For example wouldn't the release of a really effective trailer a few months before a movie opens generate awesome buzz leading up the movie's release? With most movies that release a trailer so early, it feels as if they are obligated to release another one in order to drum up buzz again, so what's the point, except perhaps in the case of huge, fan-driven movies?

And for me personally, I don't usually want to see a lot of material from a film, I just want to see a little something that makes me think, "Wow, this looks good". 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MikeQ said:

This conversation around the trailer release for 'Passengers', and other conversations I've seen about marketing, has me curious why the general wisdom seems to be that a trailer always needs to be released well before a film opens. I'm just thinking out loud: what is wrong with releasing a trailer a few months before a movie opens instead of 6 months to a year beforehand?

For example wouldn't the release of a really effective trailer a few months before a movie opens generate awesome buzz leading up the movie's release? With most movies that release a trailer so early, it feels as if they are obligated to release another one in order to drum up buzz again, so what's the point, except perhaps in the case of huge, fan-driven movies?

And for me personally, I don't usually want to see a lot of material from a film, I just want to see a little something that makes me think, "Wow, this looks good". 

Peace,

Mike

For something like, say, Arrival - that's absolutely fine. Just one trailer, a few months before opening. 

The expectations for Passengers are different because it is a big budget tentpole film and Sony's biggest release of the year. And the thing with these sorts of films - they don't just want one trailer generating awesome buzz - they want multiple trailers over a longer period of time generating lots of buzz. And for big tentpoles like Passengers releasing at this time - it needs to compete with buzz from Rogue One and Assassin's Creed....everyone knows a new Star Wars is coming this December, but how many know about an original sci-fi with JLaw and Pratt?

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 3