A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

6 minutes ago, amelin said:

Does anyone know if LA is the only premiere they're doing? I thought I heard something about one in China but that might have been speculation.

As far as we know for certain, LA is the only one. There is still speculation about China because of the Wanda deal.

• Like 1

Some news about the score from Variety:

For “Passengers,” set on a spaceship traveling to a distant planet, L.A.-based Thomas Newman employed a hybrid orchestra-plus-electronics approach for the people on board and the crises they face.

The composer wrestled with the notion of the right sound. “What is the notion of future? What kind of music would they be listening to?” he asks, adding that he didn’t want to “get caught in the trap of trying to create futuristic music, which then has to be a kind of justifiable language.” Ultimately, he decided, “I had to play to the conventions of what a space movie would sound like. ”

But, he points out, “It wouldn’t just be moody space music. It’s a relationship that takes place over time. There were opportunities for many different tones. Late in the movie, it goes into an action realm; before that, it’s more in a relationship realm with some curves and mazes in it.”

Newman doesn’t define the score as piano-driven but he concedes that there is considerable “featured” piano – which he plays himself – and a liberal use of electronics. “I would like to think that it’s not overly electronic, but it is electronically based,” he says.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trifle said:

Apparently Jen and Pratt will be on El Hormiguero. The show will be aired this December 15th.

Unfortunately, twitter thinks Jen isn't going to Moscow.  :pcwhack:

Unfortunately from what I am told, she isn't.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

This is the biggest box office question mark for me. Neither Magnificent Seven nor Joy exploded the way you would think they could have, based on the presence of their main marquee stars, and I always wonder about these theoretically mega-watt star pairings. 

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

This is the biggest box office question mark for me. Neither Magnificent Seven nor Joy exploded the way you would think they could have, based on the presence of their main marquee stars, and I always wonder about these theoretically mega-watt star pairings. 

Main marquee star for Mag7 was Denzel Washington though. 

I hope this one is gonna surprise for the best, but Sony has Been crapping the bed with their marketing. My expectations are duly lowered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Main star of Mag 7 was, and always was, Denzel.  Joy would have made like 5M without J-Law.

• Like 1