A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

5 hours ago, Frozen said:

Is it being marketed as an action film there as it was here?

That I can't say. I think the trailers are pretty much the same, but an Indian rap artist did / is putting out a rap about it, and they have several posters not released here, which show more than two static faces, however popular.

3 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

Sigh. I'm sure I'll still see this. Is it really as bad as everyone is saying?

I honestly liked it.  It wasn't perfect, the ending could have been better, it felt rushed.  But I thought it was a fun and absolutely beautifully made movie. And I thought the acting was great, but I like both the actors in it.

3 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

no, i didnt like the ending because 

Reveal hidden contents

but the rest of the movie is great,

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The ending was changed from the original, where all the other pods are sucked out into space in one of the malfunctions.   Since Jen's also would have been sucked into space (and was, only empty) I guess they didn't feel the need for an autodoc option.  She didn't have an option except whether to forgive or live solitary forever, and they had both risked their lives for eachother at that point. Even in this version, Aurora felt the horror of what it would be like if she herself had to be the only one awake, if Jim had died.  I think forgiving him gives HER a better life, not just him.  He doesn't 'deserve' forgiveness, but she has the capacity to forgive an unforgivable act that can't be taken back by someone who at that point wished he could take it back.  As a 'Hollywood Ending' I can live with it.

again, none of this by Sony USA.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

Passengers TGWTDT %
Wed 4,11 5,07 81,07
Thu 3,22 3,31 97,21
Fri 4,50 4,63 97,19
Sat 2,94 2,51 116,95
Sun 7,62 5,63 135,38
5 day 22,38 21,15 105,84
Mon 7,63 6,72 113,47

Gross to date 30,01 27,87 107,68
Legs (5 day) 1,34 1,32 101,74
Final gross* 114,71 102,5158 111,90

*if Passengers holds the last day's %

Updated with newer estimates. Tuesday looks good. 6M (Rth) vs. 4.58M (131%). I hope it's accurate.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

Absolutely not. I saw it twice now and I absolutely love it. And it's getting good word-of-mouth from a lot of people that I know that has seen it. If you go on to the imdb.com and check out the reviews there's a lot of really good reviews about it as well. So you should check it out.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

It was really good.  Of course if you know that I'm a big sci fi fan especially where space is involved.  Good characters, great story, good setting, production looks awesome!  Love the ship.  I feel like I was born too soon!!!!:(

Spoiler

For the ending, I think its ok.  But makes you want to know...you can speculate what happened to them.  But I figure they were comfortable for many decades and enjoyed using the ship as their home as you see it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

It's worse.

It's badly paced, badly directed, it has way too many poltholes, and the acting is as average as can be expected from the leads.

Notice how the only people praising the film here all have Jennifer Lawrense pics in their avatars.

It's a film that has been destroyed by film critics and that fully deserves its rotten RT score.

Edited by Beals

So I saw it. And..... meh. I didn't love it. But I didn't think it was bad either. It felt like a lot of things happened for OMG THRILLZ type convenience and were rather tacked on, and the romance never felt natural to me, due to.... well, that thing I won't spoil. I do admire the effort by Pratt and JLaw, and there were some visually gorgeous scenes. That aside, disappointing given all the hype.

I will say, though: I actually went back and read the script, very quickly, didn't pay any big attention to detail. The big thing comes MUCH later than it did in the movie, and it had a much stronger impact on the story as well.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

26 minutes ago, Beals said:

It's worse.

It's badly paced, badly directed, it has way too many poltholes, and the acting is as average as can be expected from the leads.

Notice how the only people praising the film here all have Jennifer Lawrense pics in their avatars.

It's a film that has been destroyed by film critics and that fully deserves its rotten RT score.

I just checked your posting history. Every single comment of yours in the last 10 days (15 posts) attacks either Passengers or Jennifer Lawrence. Why should anyone care about your opinion on the film? You don't add any value to the discussion. Just get the fuck out of this thread.

• Like 6

sigh, I can see this for free but not sure I even want to use my points for a free ticket.  I don't want to see it in 3D but it is the earliest show and fits my schedule better.  Eh, maybe I'll just wait another day and maybe I can talk myself into seeing it.

34 minutes ago, Beals said:

It's worse.

Id bet big money that you havent seen it. I have no problem with people saying that they didn't like the movie that much but you go out of your way every single post to rip the movie or Jennifer Lawrence. In fact I'd be willing to have a private conversation with you and ask you some plot details and I would love to get your response. My money says u have no clue what actually happened.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Id bet big money that you havent seen it. I have no problem with people saying that they didn't like the movie that much but you go out of your way every single post to rip the movie or Jennifer Lawrence. In fact I'd be willing to have a private conversation with you and ask you some plot details and I would love to get your response. My money says u have no clue what actually happened.

tfw Baumer roasts someone.

wsod.gif

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I just checked your posting history. Every single comment of yours in the last 10 days (15 posts) attacks either Passengers or Jennifer Lawrence. Why should anyone care about your opinion on the film? You don't add any value to the discussion. Just get the fuck out of this thread.

Just like Every single comment of yours for the last 10 days is praising this turd and "defending" your goddess.

Why don't you get the fuck out of my face? :D 

See? We are even, Jlaw stan.

Now, as I see that a mod has liked your post, I guess it's ok to say "fuck" to other posters here, because clearly they have no problem with you doing that.

1 minute ago, Beals said:

Just like Every single comment of yours for the last 10 days is praising this turd and "defending" your goddess.

Why don't you get the fuck out of my face? :D 

See? We are even, Jlaw stan.

Now, as I see that a mod has liked your post, I guess it's ok to say "fuck" to other posters here, because clearly they have no problem with you doing that.

LMAO, someone clearly hasn't even checked on their posting history.  Stop being a fucking pathetic troll.  Plenty of misafeco's posts in the past few days have been non-related to Passengers.  I assume you didn't even bother to check in on that, or you almost certainly wouldn't be making this post that makes you look like even more of a fool.

10 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Go see it 75.

I might, but no rush for me.  It will be more of I just want to do something moreso than really wanting to see the film.  That's why I am even hesitant to use my free ticket on it :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

LMAO, someone clearly hasn't even checked on their posting history.  Stop being a fucking pathetic troll.  Plenty of misafeco's posts in the past few days have been non-related to Passengers.  I assume you didn't even bother to check in on that, or you almost certainly wouldn't be making this post that makes you look like even more of a fool.

Yay! More "fuck" and "troll"! to people for disagreeing in their praise of a turd.

Why don't you stop being such a spineless, fucking pathetic pro-Jlaw troll instead?

oops...I just let out another "fuck".

Sorry, clearly that Baumer guy has no problem with that...

Edited by Beals