A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Serena was released in 60 theaters and was a production nightmare. Not her fault

No the movie had no problems. It remained on the shelf because nobody wanted it and nobody bought it.

The movie was shot in April-May 2012, just when THG was released.

It was just very bad and the premise never had broad appeal anyway.

Edited by The Futurist

Even though those movies don't really have anything in common except they take place away from Earth?

If something works, Hollywood will continue milking it for all it is worth. Space Movies + October release = $$$$$ as far as Hollywood is concerned.

I don't think any other space movie is going to be a Sci-fi romance though. Seems like Passengers will be pretty unique in that regard.

I haven't read the script but if they market this correctly it could be huge with women everywhere. The male demo might be a harder sell though. Would guys care to see a sci-fi movie if it has no action or impressive set-pieces?

Edited by JennaJ

I don't think any other space movie is going to be a Sci-fi romance though. Seems like Passengers will be pretty unique in that regard.

I haven't read the script but if they market this correctly it could be huge with women everywhere. The male demo might be a harder sell though. Would guys care to see a sci-fi movie if it has no action or impressive set-pieces?

Does INTERSTELLAR count?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Given the budget, even if Jlaw and Pratt are expensive here, there s plenty of money for spectacular sci fi visuals but maybe little action.

with a 100m+ budget there better be some impressive set pieces and action. 

Edited by babz06

Even though those movies don't really have anything in common except they take place away from Earth?

That's a pretty major thing to have in common, for most space movies, one of the biggest draws of it is the space visuals

I wonder if they'll tweet something out during production. I need a picture or something to make this movie feel real.

Also I want a release date.

If they're smart they'll release just a floating head teaser image of the two of them like a year in advance, just get the hype rolling early on their involvement together. This whole project feels very 90s actually, two headline stars in what is actually a serious adult drama dressed up as a blockbuster. I guess we're going to find out if "draws" still exist in the current Hollywood climate.

Edited by electric storm