A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

6 minutes ago, trifle said:

She gets $20M against 30% of the profits.  The studio would need to acknowledge more than $66.666667M profit before Jen gets more than $20M.

Do you know what the October reshoots were about ?

:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Spaihts said he added a little moment to the ending during post production, so that would have to have been part of it at least.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

I still laugh that they cut Felicity Jones' money line ("This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.") out of the movie after splashing it all over the marketing.

10 hours ago, JennaJ said:

It was so cringe worthy in the trailers, I'm thankful they cut it.

those are from the weekend thread. I WISH they had cut 'if you die I die' but the wince is over fast.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

1 hour ago, amelin said:

Spaihts said he added a little moment to the ending during post production, so that would have to have been part of it at least.

I don't really know what they were about, except that they were short.  However what I do know I should put in spoiler tags anyhow, sorry Futurist!

Spoiler

The picture on the wrap mug was from a scene they clearly cut from the movie, of them years later, in a hammock in the Eden they built on the ship.  I assume the reshoots were the different tie up of the story.

1 hour ago, Christmas Baumer said:

No studio would give an actor 20 million and 30% of the profits.  

yeah, it isn't both.  It is only more than $20M if the studio makes major profits.

1 hour ago, Christmas Baumer said:

No studio would give an actor 20 million and 30% of the profits.  

I mean...I dunno on this film (I think he's saying profits, not a gross deal...I'll agree no way on that)...

But...some actors have indeed gotten 20m or more, and 30% of the "profits".  That being said, if she did get that deal...looks Ike she's making 20m on this movie.  Granted, that deal is massive, usually reserved only for stars in established franchises.  

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kowhite said:

I mean...I dunno on this film (I think he's saying profits, not a gross deal...I'll agree no way on that)...

But...some actors have indeed gotten 20m or more, and 30% of the "profits".

Schwarzennegger's deal on Terminator 3 was batshit insane.

Can't believe they accepted all of his crazy terms.

Just now, The Futurist said:

Schwarzennegger's deal on Terminator 3 was batshit insane.

Can't believe they accepted all of his crazy terms.

Ive seen enough bathsit insane to know...batsit insane happens.  And I'd agree, this would be batshit insane.  But Sony is desperate so who knows.

1 minute ago, kowhite said:

Ive seen enough bathsit insane to know...batsit insane happens.  And I'd agree, this would be batshit insane.  But Sony is desperate so who knows.

I Don't think Jlaw cares anyway, she probably stopped counting money some odd 2-3 years ago.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Mozt hard working woman in Hollywood right now :

tumblr_oi7cdasfve1t37kj8o2_500.jpg

tumblr_oi7cdasfve1t37kj8o6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_oi7cdasfve1t37kj8o5_r1_500.png

tumblr_oi7cdasfve1t37kj8o4_500.jpg

Yeah, I thought those were gag shots, but it turns out she would sleep where ever, and people thought it was funny, and took pictures of it.

On 1/1/2017 at 2:23 AM, Telemachos said:

This was the worst movie I've seen this year (admittedly there's probably plenty of worse ones I didn't bother to see). Just a terrible misfire on every level. 

So, you didn't see Independence Day? Because I have trouble believing it was genuinely worse than that.

20 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I did see IDR. It was a stupid dumb movie that (on some level) realized it was a stupid dumb movie. This was a stupid dumb movie that thought it was smart. 

I think it was an understated film with very profound ideas that engaged the audience in a sneaky way. You are still thinking about it. Admittedly not the way films tend to operate nowadays. Today films do all the thinking for you and even pontificate their message. This was a really odd film. Stuck with me a lot longer than Rogue One, for example. Just a different sort of experience.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kowhite said:

Tom Rothman and his true believers were counting on Passengers to hit big and thus shore up his standing at Sony. Guess he has to move on to his next great hope now. 

5 hours ago, kowhite said:

But...some actors have indeed gotten 20m or more, and 30% of the "profits".  That being said, if she did get that deal...looks Ike she's making 20m on this movie.  Granted, that deal is massive, usually reserved only for stars in established franchises.  

I agree.. She can't make more than 20 mill here if the 30% deals is profit in theaters only.. No way this breaks even in theaters if total cost is 244 mill after tax credit. But it looks to go in black down the road