A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

JLaw has yet to prove a box office draw. Her CHARACTER in THG may be a draw but that doesn't mean people will turn up to watch her In other things.

I know both actors have a hefty amount of online buzz, but that doesn't necessarily translate to actual box office success, which is what matters.

As others have said, there's virtually no one in Hollywood that can sell a movie that has nothing else going for it.

The buzz for Pratt and Lawrence may be strongest online, but they have tons of buzz in traditional media as well. The reason sites won't shut up about them is because their name gets people to click headlines. That's not always an indication of real world buzz, but in this case I think it is.

Edited by JennaJ

As others have said, there's virtually no one in Hollywood that can sell a movie that has nothing else going for it.

The buzz for Pratt and Lawrence may be strongest online, but they have tons of buzz in traditional media as well. The reason sites won't shut up about them is because their name gets people to click headlines. That's not always an indication of real world buzz, but in this case I think it is.

Yes, but there are plenty of stars who can sell movies and the movies are successful because of them.

Look at Great Gatsby, you think it'd have made 150M with some C-lister in the role? I haven't seen any evidence from Pratt or Lawrence that they have managed to improve a movie's success based on their involvement in the film. No one knew who Pratt was before last year so it's a little early to be saying he's a major A-lister.

• Like 1

Jennifer Shradder Lawrence has already a 40m fortune, maybe a little more.

She s going to win 50-55M+ this year.

She s still not sure about her plane, should it be a private jet ... I hear the Gulfstream IV is quite comfy for your LA-NY trips.

She ll be worth around 100m when she hits 25 next August.

Poor gurl, she s not a draw, she must feel pretty bad about it.

:(  :(

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Jennifer Shradder Lawrence has already a 40m fortune, maybe a little more.

She s going to win 50-55M+ this year.

She s still not sure about her plane, should it be a private jet ... I hear the Gulfstream IV is quite comfy for your LA-NY trips.

She ll be worth around 100m when she hits 25 next August.

Poor gurl, she s not a draw, she must feel pretty bad about it.

:(  :(

As witty as I'm sure you think your post is, this is a box office forum not a JLaw fangirl forum, so yes, some of us are interested in whether she is a box office draw.

The "who is the draw" arguments are so interesting and enlightening. They enhance the human condition & knowledge.

:wub:

If you think it's a waste of time to talk about box office why are you on this forum?

I hope this isn't true. The script is great, no need for changes.

A script is almost always rewritten (even multiple times) throughout the development process and as creative teams are brought onto the project. Unfortunately, this happens even when people think think the original script was awesome.

They are BOTH draws now. I haven't seen anyone complain about either of their performances in anything thus far. They both are the center of HUGE movies that, even if they are based on other media, would not have been the same without them at the forefront, and the fans respect that.

If Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt aren't draws, no one really is, because these two are arguably the most famous people in Hollywood right now.

They are BOTH draws now. I haven't seen anyone complain about either of their performances in anything thus far. They both are the center of HUGE movies that, even if they are based on other media, would not have been the same without them at the forefront, and the fans respect that.

If Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt aren't draws, no one really is, because these two are arguably the most famous people in Hollywood right now.

Serena, anyone?

Ultimately, what will be the deciding factor of the success of this movie is the quality of the advertising and of the film itself, but having Lawrence, Pratt, and Tyldum behind it already is an AMAZING thing to have.