A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

It's shit. I hate it. It ruined Mockingjay 1 for me. Thank God I'm a smoker and I could use my pack of cigarrettes to protect myself from the foul smells. The girl next to me offered to buy them.

2 hours ago, robertman2 said:

:kitschjob:

They smell like mint!

2 hours ago, robertman2 said:

Are they special cigarettes?

The regular Marlboro ones with a menthol ball that you squeeze if you want the mint or ignore if you don't

tumblr_ntz29gUUH01sjpbxoo1_500.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

CJ-4DX-Logo.jpg

Quote:

"The 4DX auditorium features motion seats and special effects including wind, fog, mist/rain, scents and more that perfectly synch to the on-screen action."

they have this in the coca cola world and georgia aquarium and its very cute for like a 10-30 min video but for like a 2 hour movie? sis ionoboutalldet

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Quote:

"The 4DX auditorium features motion seats and special effects including wind, fog, mist/rain, scents and more that perfectly synch to the on-screen action."

So a combination of SENSURROUND from 1970s and the mercifully even shorter lived SMELL-O-VISION from the 1950s (that John Waters tried to resurrect with scratch & sniff cards in the 80s).

All for a mere $28.50 in NYC.

Pass

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

So a combination of SENSURROUND from 1970s and the mercifully even shorter lived SMELL-O-VISION from the 1950s (that John Waters tried to resurrect with scratch & sniff cards in the 80s).

Pass

OMG! :depp:

9 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Pass

Ouch, I checked the prices over here and it's $15.8, which is still high, but not crazy high like NYC.

10 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

they have this in the coca cola world and georgia aquarium and its very cute for like a 10-30 min video but for like a 2 hour movie? sis ionoboutalldet

Oh, you've been there? It's been a few years since I've gone, but I can't remember if the seats moved at the time.

I don't think it's the exact same thing as 4dx, just going by the website, though.

18 minutes ago, Tower said:

Ouch, I checked the prices over here and it's $15.8, which is still high, but not crazy high like NYC.

$15.8 is about what I pay for a regular ole 2D showing.  :sadno:

Funny write up of BvS in 4DX

I watched “Batman v Superman” at a 4D theater so you don’t have to

http://qz.com/648849/i-watched-batman-v-superman-at-a-4d-theater-so-you-dont-have-to/

I already experience a similar sensory assault on the subway - and they don't even charge me extra.

Edited by TalismanRing

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

$15.8 is about what I pay for a regular ole 2D showing.  :sadno:

Funny write up of BvS in 4DX

I watched “Batman v Superman” at a 4D theater so you don’t have to

http://qz.com/648849/i-watched-batman-v-superman-at-a-4d-theater-so-you-dont-have-to/

I already experience a similar sensory assault on the subway - and they don't even charge me extra.

Yeah, that smell part pretty much kills any interest I might have in it.  There are so many smells that are better imagined than experienced.....

Fortunately this DBOX thing leaves the smell component out.

Edited by trifle

Honestly even 3D is reserved for very special occasions for me. IMAX and great audio is enough for me as far as enhanced experience goes.

Too bad this movie won't have IMAX. Seems like it would be ideal for it.

Anyway, Moving seats seem like something that would take me out of the movie instead of immersing me in it. IDK. Smell and smoke? That sounds like a theme park ride, not a movie.

7 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Honestly even 3D is reserved for very special occasions for me. IMAX and great audio is enough for me as far as enhanced experience goes.

Too bad this movie won't have IMAX. Seems like it would be ideal for it.

Anyway, Moving seats seem like something that would take me out of the movie instead of immersing me in it. IDK. Smell and smoke? That sounds like a theme park ride, not a movie.

Well, the Star Tours ride is pretty cool.  I know this isn't at that level, but I'm going to see this more than once, and I'll probably try DBOX..  I'd much rather IMAX but I don't have that choice.

17 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

Long range forecast from boxofficepro:

38 mil OW to 177 mil DOM

Looking good.

I'm thinking if it is good it will be higher than that, but the premise of that article is that stars don't really add that much, and I think this movie is going to show that in some cases at least, that is wrong.