A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Gary Whitta @garywhitta
Re: PASSENGERS. Never underestimate the power of a truly great original script.

DrewAtHitFix ‏@DrewAtHitFix
Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence in talks for "Passengers"? @jonspaihts, you are the winner, sir!
Edited by Durden

the imitation game guy has done quality work before hand. it's just y'know, hard to make THAT script sing especially with Harvey looking over you the whole way.

True, tough to fully judge a guy based on that situation. But it was so completely uninspiring

Either way, I'm hopeful this pans out, and that he makes it work

This sounds like its still in very early stages. Both of those actors have very busy schedules, so i wouldn't get my hopes up. But If they actually get Pratt and Lawrence to sign on, this could be huge.

Well Chris is done with JP, don't know when they will start shooting GOTG2.  Other films like Indiana Jones and M7 is rumors.  Jen will do Joy, Xmen, and I think thats it for this year.  Think Dive late Fall I think?  So perhaps they can shoot this film around there or early 2016.  But thats my view.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/oscars-imitation-game-director-on-why-the-film-didnt-portray-an-alan-turing-gay-relationship-1201438915/

Your next project is likely to be “Passengers.” Is Jennifer Lawrence starring in it? 

She wants to. We had a long dinner together. Both Chris Pratt and Jen are phenomenal. They really want to do this together. It will be starting in mid-to-late August or early September. The schedule is just Jen’s schedule. She has some promo commitments for “The Hunger Games.”

What’s the story about?
“Passengers” is about a spaceship on its way to one of the colonies. About 5,000 people are onboard, all asleep — it takes one of the pods 110 years to get there. After only 30 years, one of the pods malfunctions, and Chris’ character wakes up. He’s all alone on a spaceship, 90 years away from arriving. He will die of old age all alone, so he malfunctions another pod, so the second pod opens up. He awakes another passenger without telling her [Lawrence’s character] that he did it. It’s this very unique love story about two people trapped on a spaceship and they will both die there.

The premise of this story is interesting though as a romance it is creepy as hell.  The guy's a selfish asshole.  He can't deal with loneliness so he handpicks himself a young pretty blond (of course) and dooms her to a life lived on a ship with the person who deliberately separated her from all the people she knows and probably loves.

Edited by TalismanRing

The premise of this story is interestingly though as a romance it is creepy as hell.  The guy's a selfish asshole.  He can't deal with loneliness so he handpicks himself a young pretty blond (of course) and dooms her to a life lived on a ship with the person who deliberately separated her from all the people she knows and probably loves.

I read the script for this recently, it's a very old draft but just judging from that don't think that the writer doesn't realize what you're saying is true.

I read the script for this recently, it's a very old draft but just judging from that don't think that the writer doesn't realize what you're saying is true.

I'd hope so.  Though, I'm really hoping for to shank him and live out her days alone and bitter but blood thirstily satisfied. :ph34r:

Edited by TalismanRing