A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

I read a synopsis once that said that the romance would be "unexpected". As if the guy was not planning to start the romance from the start. The character could easily be very unlikeable.

This sounds kind of interesting but original sci-fi has not been doing that well recently. And Jennifer at least seem to have more interesting projects she could be doing. But if the scripting really is good then it is different but it sounds overhyping it.

Is there a possibility to add the summary at page 2 and this to the first post, so people get at first glance an idea what the movie is about, who is attatched to it?

According to IMDb.com:

Director:

Morten Tyldum (The Imitation Game, Jo Nesbø's Headhunters, U,...)

Writer:

Jon Spaihts (Prometheus, Doctor Strange,...)

Producers:

Neal H. Moritz (see Marmur, also XXX 1&2, several Fast&Furious, I am Legend, Jump Street 1-3, new Highlander, Prison Break series, many more....)

Ori Marmur (R.I.P.D., Dead Man Down, Jack the Giant Slayer, Battle Los Angeles, Green Hornet, Bounty Hunter, Doc Savage)

Michael Maher (Ondine, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Sanctum, Europa Report, Ratter)

Stephen Hamel (Henry & Julie, John Wick)

Cast:

Jennifer Lawrence (rumored - schedule?)

Chris Pratt (rumored - schedule?)

Agreed that it would be nice to update the OP.

As far as the information though - 

Chris Pratt (rumored - schedule?)

Pretty sure Morten Tyldum confirmed in his recent Time interview that Chris Pratt has already signed on for the movie.

The question mark seems to be Jennifer Lawrence schedule, basically, sounds like they're set to go other than that.

• Like 1

Agreed that it would be nice to update the OP.

As far as the information though - 

Pretty sure Morten Tyldum confirmed in his recent Time interview that Chris Pratt has already signed on for the movie.

The question mark seems to be Jennifer Lawrence schedule, basically, sounds like they're set to go other than that.

Thank you. I agdded him bcs of that, but the queston msrk for him not being listed at IMDb and the movie datas not being in a way accessable without Pro-IMDB (if is to read partially) = usually if they think it is too early.

I am sure all involved really want to do it, but I am always cautious, even if the status is better/stronger, as long as no filming start dste is announced (even then there are sometimes schedule problems).

I have no problem at all if someone wants to change my suggestion, I only hope for a general 1st post edit, that one is not the most inviting one to get interested

Jennifer Lawrence's Salary Drama: $20M 'Passengers' Pay Tests Sony

it hardly is an obvious yes: talent getting top dollar for an original idea with special effects that Rothman is said to see as a marketing challenge and that doesn't appear to have franchise potential.

That line of thinking is incredibly depressing.

• Like 1

I am with Rothman. $100 million original SciFi/Romance is an incredibly risky movie regardless of who the leads are. IMO, Pratt is overrated as hell and he will be paid $10 million + for this movie which is insane for an actor who has never carried any movie on his own. Sorry but neither GOTG nor JW counts. 

I think it's insane that he gets $10 million and that she could get $20 million, when neither of them are proven box office draws outside of a franchise.

Jlaw has other box office hits that arent franchises- Silver Linings, and Hustle. Those were marketed mainly using her name. 

Chris Pratt is the one who doesnt have  lead roles in other genres to speak of. 

• Like 1

I think it's insane that he gets $10 million and that she could get $20 million, when neither of them are proven box office draws outside of a franchise.

This is "normal". Hemsworth received 10 millions for Snow White and the Huntsman after Thor.

I am with Rothman. $100 million original SciFi/Romance is an incredibly risky movie regardless of who the leads are. IMO, Pratt is overrated as hell and he will be paid $10 million + for this movie which is insane for an actor who has never carried any movie on his own. Sorry but neither GOTG nor JW counts. 

It's typical Hollywood. One goodlooking actor coming from nowhere has a big hit under his name then suddenly he is one of the most demanded and get sky-high paychecks for next roles. Remember Taylor Kitsch ? Not saying Pratt will be another Kitsh or he is not worth $10m but he is getting that $10m paycheck too quick.

• Like 1

Both are getting these paychecks because they can, and good on them. I'm sorry, but seriously even the biggest stars fail to open small movies. Didn't see RDJ scorch the box office with The Judge, and even JLaw couldn't make Serena a viable box office bet.

So basically I don't think anyone deserves these paychecks, but if they can get it, good on them. Plus from what I gather he has the bigger role in the movie, so it would have been really lopsided if she got more than double what he gets. He's the lead in three different franchises, so he's not just gonna disappear if one thing underperforms (like Kitch).

This is "normal". Hemsworth received 10 millions for Snow White and the Huntsman after Thor.

Normal for hunky males.

It is pretty incredible how much Pratt's got out of one movie though.

Edited by ddddeeee

Normal for hunky males.

It is pretty incredible how much Pratt's got out of one movie though.

It's better than what it used to be. In the 90s Julia Roberts had to have 4 big hits in a row to finally get her first 20M check. Around the same time Travolta was getting 20M offers, 10 minutes after Pulp Fiction revived his career.