A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

I honestly don't know why Pratt's character would wake her up...

If it was me, I'd let her sleep till eternity and be better off w*nking in peace (or at least wake up somebody better looking and less nagging).

Edited by shayhiri

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

If it was me, I'd let her sleep till eternity and be better off w*nking in peace (or at least wake up somebody better looking and less nagging).

Just wondering, are you blind?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Jennifer-Lawrence-glare-1452549262.gif?q

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Worst case scenario the trailer won't land until The Magnificent Seven. This clearly isn't supposed to be a major tentpole title that requires months of advance marketing anyway.

I suppose Mission Impossible 5 wasn't a tentpole?

14 hours ago, mrqe93 said:

Currently at page 30ish of the script. So far, I'm getting quirky existential indie movie vibe. 

Apparently Passengers is a movie that was made as a crowd-pleaser, so apparently that's not the case, although I have a feeling it has a potential to be a mess.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

This clearly isn't supposed to be a major tentpole title that requires months of advance marketing anyway.

I'm pretty sure Sony are counting on this to be their biggest 2016 movie, so not quite sure how that's not a "major tentpole title".

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Worst case scenario the trailer won't land until The Magnificent Seven. This clearly isn't supposed to be a major tentpole title that requires months of advance marketing anyway.

At $120m (before this FX snafu) the budget's $12m bigger than The Martian and only $24m less than Ghostbusters.  Sony doesn't have anything bigger for the rest of the year (or maybe even mid 2017) unless they went crazy on Magnificent 7's budget.

On 7/19/2016 at 10:29 AM, filmlover said:

Actually, Sony was calling it the top of their slate for the year as early as February this year.  And the write ups after footage was shown at CinemaCon considered it to be big.

There is a RUMOR (which I doubt) that Jen and Pratt might show up at ComicCon in San Diego.  I think Pratt might if he is there anyhow for GOTG (he showed up at the Euro CinemaCon earlier while Jen was filming) but Jen is filming on the Aronofsky project into August, and I doubt she'll be there.  Also, I think they would advertise it like crazy if she were going to be there, not leave it as a surprise.  But here is the rumor, via @JenLawFilms

CnroyoHWIAElafp.jpg

https://t.co/0XFj3E3Lzp

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I wonder who is scoring this? All the big guys seem fully booked.

Oddly, while the IMDB page now has what otherwise appear to be the full credits (down to body doubles and technicians), the only music related name is for a music editor.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355644/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Actually, Sony was calling it the top of their slate for the year as early as February this year.  And the write ups after footage was shown at CinemaCon considered it to be big.

There is a RUMOR (which I doubt) that Jen and Pratt might show up at ComicCon in San Diego.  I think Pratt might if he is there anyhow for GOTG (he showed up at the Euro CinemaCon earlier while Jen was filming) but Jen is filming on the Aronofsky project into August, and I doubt she'll be there.  Also, I think they would advertise it like crazy if she were going to be there, not leave it as a surprise.  But here is the rumor, via @JenLawFilms

CnroyoHWIAElafp.jpg

https://t.co/0XFj3E3Lzp

Chris Pratt will be there for GOTG 2. But Sony isn't bringing anything to Con besides Sausage Party. 

• Like 1

Festival fever: 40 films we predict will premiere at Venice, Toronto and Telluride

If it’s ready

Passengers

A project that has undergone many iterations (Keanu Reeves was slated to star), this ambitious sci-fi romance now has Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, arguably the most SEO-friendly match-up of the year, play strangers brought together by a tech malfunction on a spaceship. It’s not released until late December and given its commercial nature, it might skip festivals altogether.

Both the Telegraph and Guardian seem to think this is a tent pole blockbuster, other opinions lean towards Gravity style awards.  I have no idea.  But I'd like a trailer, at least, if not Telluride.