A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Oh man, that press tour with Jlaw and Chris Pratt is gonna be something else.

Honestly I think I'm more excited for the press tour than I am for the movie.

But no, assuming the script is as good as I heard, and considering it's starring my current fave male and female actors... very excited that this is happening.

Is this a purely an original script or is it an adaptation of a book or else ?

And I guess Sony accepted the huge Jlaw paycheck because of the SONY American Hustle leaked e mails.

Equality in paychecks in Hollywood.

Is this a purely an original script or is it an adaptation of a book or else ?

And I guess Sony accepted the huge Jlaw paycheck because of the SONY American Hustle leaked e mails.

Equality in paychecks in Hollywood.

It's an original script.

I've heard there are plot similarities to a book called Across the Universe, however the script predates the book (it's been in development hell for a while).

So any similarities are probably just coincidence.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

Keanu could be Jlaw s father.

Isn't that usual romantic casting in hollywood? Plus judging by the plot it wouldn't be that out of place him choosing the first beautiful girl he saw. I dont think the character is thinking whether they are suitable in age range to date lol.

I honestly think Keanu would have been a bigger draw in this movie than Pratt will be.

Right now? No. When was the last time Keanu had a major hit? Pratt is in high demand right now following Guardians and soon Jurassic.

In any case the combination of Keanu and JLaw makes absolutely no sense to me and was never on the table anyway. When Keanu was up for the role, it would have been Reese Witherspoon or Rachel McAdams. That boat has sailed long ago (and I think we'd get a much higher profile movie as result).

When I read the script Pratt made sense to me but I couldn't see Lawrence. Kept thinking McAdams but she can't sell a ticket for her life so I see why they didn't go there (btw, that script is good but has a horrible ending. If they didn't change it it's going to launch 1000 think pieces)

Right now? No. When was the last time Keanu had a major hit? Pratt is in high demand right now following Guardians and soon Jurassic.

In any case the combination of Keanu and JLaw makes absolutely no sense to me and was never on the table anyway. When Keanu was up for the role, it would have been Reese Witherspoon or Rachel McAdams. That boat has sailed long ago (and I think we'd get a much higher profile movie as result).

When has pratt ever had a solo hit? And I dont see the age difference being a problem.

When has pratt ever had a solo hit? And I dont see the age difference being a problem.

Eh, he hasn't had a "solo hit", but he only had his big break less than a year ago, so give him some time.

In any case, Pratt may be "unproven", but Keanu has proven that he isn't a major draw. Look at every single movie he made in the last decade for proof.

Eh, he hasn't had a "solo hit", but he only had his big break less than a year ago, so give him some time.

In any case, Pratt may be "unproven", but Keanu has proven that he isn't a major draw. Look at every single movie he made in the last decade for proof.

I guess we'll never know how Keanu woukd have done in the role. I'm curious about Pratt but I don't see him being a solo star outside of these big brand movies. I guess Lawrence will be the main draw of this anyway. Edited by RaidensSword

Yeah, Keanu has made some interesting films since Matrix trilogy but he's been largely absent from the general public. It would have been a totally wrong move to cast him in this with Lawrence. 

• Like 1

When I read the script Pratt made sense to me but I couldn't see Lawrence. Kept thinking McAdams but she can't sell a ticket for her life so I see why they didn't go there (btw, that script is good but has a horrible ending. If they didn't change it it's going to launch 1000 think pieces)

Is the ending just dumb or is it going to ruffle people's feathers politically? I see a lot of room for the latter with this concept