A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Is that picture of their faces like literally the only Image they are allowed to use? Like there must be something legal still going on, I wouldn't be surprised if this got pushed back at this point.

1 hour ago, trifle said:

@JennaJ @Arlborn

The poster/ the picture.  It looks like massive shadowing was added.

GxTQPX32SZjG_T77K0dB.png

Wait, you're telling me that's the same image of JLaw? WTF. It looks like a totally different person, let alone a different shot. :jeb!:

Yeah no. That's not the same image of her. It's photospopped wildly regardless, but the base image is different as well. You can tell by the hair.

Edited by JennaJ

1 hour ago, trifle said:

@JennaJ @Arlborn

The poster/ the picture.  It looks like massive shadowing was added.

GxTQPX32SZjG_T77K0dB.png

Pratt mostly just got the bags under his eyes cleaned up while poor J-Law was contoured different bone structure and an entirely new nose. 

That makes sense.  It's not as if anyone knows what she really looks like - what's her real face ever done for her?  :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
9 hours ago, fracfar said:

The poster is fine, it's just to introduce causal moviegoers to it. If they put something sci-fi related on it like a spaceship, no one would really be attracted to it

yeah all the spaceships drove people away from star wars and guardians of the galaxy.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

yeah all the spaceships drove people away from star wars and guardians of the galaxy.

People who are driven away by spaceships are eventually going to have to suck it up if they go to this movie.  It isn't only space adventure, but that's a big part of it.

2 hours ago, JennaJ said:

Wait, you're telling me that's the same image of JLaw? WTF. It looks like a totally different person, let alone a different shot. :jeb!:

Yeah no. That's not the same image of her. It's photospopped wildly regardless, but the base image is different as well. You can tell by the hair.

I didn't create it but I thought it was made from the same pictures.  It is a very similar one if not the exact same one, though, so I think it still shows pretty well where the photoshop fake shadows are.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, trifle said:

People who are driven away by spaceships are eventually going to have to suck it up if they go to this movie.  It isn't only space adventure, but that's a big part of it.

Lol if they are driven away by spaceships they won't suck it up. They just won't see it.

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Lol if they are driven away by spaceships they won't suck it up. They just won't see it.

I said if they go to this movie.

But I do agree the pictures are to get you interested first because of the stars, and not to emphasize sci fi or romance aspects initially.  Some people write off each of those genres.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, trifle said:

I said if they go to this movie.

But I do agree the pictures are to get you interested first because of the stars, and not to emphasize sci fi or romance aspects initially.  Some people write off each of those genres.

Right but if you write off the genres, you won't see the movie just because you saw this poster first.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Right but if you write off the genres, you won't see the movie just because you saw this poster first.

You might get interested enough before learning it to look into it sufficiently to see that it fits more than one genre, though. 

I'm just speculating that that is the reason though.

Edited by trifle

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

The Star Wars and Marvel brands attracted people to those movies. This is an original property, so they're incomparable

• Community Manager
5 hours ago, fracfar said:

The Star Wars and Marvel brands attracted people to those movies. This is an original property, so they're incomparable

I was talking about ANH being a big hit. When ANH came out, Star Wars wasn't a brand that would attract people. So yeah I think it's comparable. (Also the idea that Guardians of the Galaxy was a hit just because "Marvel brand" is a joke. If all it took to make a hit was to have the Marvel brand, the latest Fantastic Four film would have been a huge hit.)

• Community Manager
6 hours ago, trifle said:

You might get interested enough before learning it to look into it sufficiently to see that it fits more than one genre, though. 

I'm just speculating that that is the reason though.

I don't think so. I mean if we're talking about that poster alone, I don't see anyone looking at it and being "I wonder if there's more to this generic vanilla poster?" Maybe you do? I don't.

The Space Between Us has no problems showing spaceships and romance. The movie will likely flop cause the trailer is boring but not because of either genre. Nah, it's clear to me that the marketing team is stuck.