A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I can't wait for the trailer to premiere and everybody just goes "eh" after literally two months of waiting for it.

I think with all this built in anticipation, people are either gonna love it or hate it.

I wonder if it might come out tommorrow? That's when Mag7 premiers at TIFF. We're all expecting it to come with Mag7, but maybe it'll be with the festival premiere instead of waiting two more weeks.

• Like 3

Hope we have something interesting to discuss in this thread soon... a trailer would be nice. :D

ETA: It exists! OK, I'm getting excited again.

Context: Johnny Galecki was a guest on Anna Faris' podcast and he, Anna and Chris all watched the trailer shortly before they recorded the podcast.

80AyMoA.jpg

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 6

Passengers is also a space movie like Rogue One. I wonder if that will have any (good or bad) effect on it's box office as both are releasing a few days apart. I am not comparing their bo as Rogue One will be huge, but thinking about the impact of the clashing space genre.

Synopsis of Passengers from Wiki

The spaceship, Starship Avalon, on its 120-year voyage to a distant colony planet known as "Homestead II" and transporting 5,259 people has a malfunction in two of its sleep chambers. As a result, two hibernation pods open prematurely and the two people that awoke (Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt) are stranded on the spaceship, still 90 years from their destination.

Just now, JennaJ said:

Hope we have something interesting to discuss in this thread soon... a trailer would be nice. :D

Context: Johnny Galecki was a guest on Anna Faris' podcast and he, Anna and Chris all watched the trailer shortly before they recorded the podcast.

80AyMoA.jpg

Of course it exists.  Question was how long will they wait on us.  This week or next week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JennaJ said:

80AyMoA.jpg

3 hours ago, Klingo said:

Of course it exists.  Question was how long will they wait on us.  This week or next week.

Do they ever preview trailers at TIFF?  It would be great if it came out with Mag 7 today....

4 hours ago, Klingo said:

You do realize I wasn't being serious, right? That was a sarcastic remark at Sony's delays.

In any case, I'm excited to know this is coming out soon. This week or next week, I just like knowing it impresses some who've seen it already.

Can't wait!

• Like 1

For what it's worth, Scott Eastwood REALLY liked the script.

Glamour: Was there a role that you really wanted that you didn’t get during those years commuting back and forth?
Scott: Hmm. In those years…no, but there was a role recently that I thought was one of the best scripts out there that I auditioned for. It’s called Passengers, and it’s coming out in December.

Glamour: For the Chris Pratt role?

Scott: Yeah. But, you know, he's Chris Pratt, so they’re gonna hire him. [Laughs] Who’s Scott Eastwood?!

Source

• Like 1

Just now, JennaJ said:

You do realize I wasn't being serious, right? That was a sarcastic remark at Sony's delays.

In any case, I'm excited to know this is coming out soon. This week or next week, I just like knowing it impresses some who've seen it already.

Can't wait!

Sorry my mistake.  Thought you were serious with frustration.

8 hours ago, a2knet said:

Passengers is also a space movie like Rogue One. I wonder if that will have any (good or bad) effect on it's box office as both are releasing a few days apart. I am not comparing their bo as Rogue One will be huge, but thinking about the impact of the clashing space genre.

Synopsis of Passengers from Wiki

The Star Wars franchise is the mother of all space franchises. Opening a space movie against a Star Wars movie is like opening a spy movie against a James Bond movie. Even if it's well done, the  other movie is certain to lose.

Edited by dudalb