A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more traction on the social media feeds. But then I guess the Pitt/Jolie divorce overshadowed every other entertainment-related news story today.

It trended worldwide on twitter for at least 10 hours, so did Chris Pratt for a while and Jennifer Lawrence for at least 8 (a lot of people on twitter used Pratt's twitter handle which isn't his name.)  Plus last I heard it was still trending on Instagram.  Not sure what social media you were watching.  It is true that after the divorce was announced that trended higher, but Passengers was on there for a long, long time.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I think this should have been the last trailer before release.

They should have cut a first slow trailer that introduces the premise with a bit of mystery.

I'm not certain this ISN'T the last trailer before release.

2 hours ago, JennaJ said:

The age thing doesn't bother me one bit in this. BCoop, who she's been paired with before, is 41.

Also I think Pratt looks younger than he is and JLaw often comes across a bit older. Nothing about the image of them from this movie screams "creepy age gap" to me. They look perfectly matched, honestly.

tumblr_odtdoywxPd1tuqq83o4_1280.jpg

I was so glad they picked someone so much closer to her age... Other than the Hunger Games movies, Pratt is closer in age than any of her co-leads.

2 hours ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

It'd be neat if the story takes on some of the darker elements of what he does. I don't know if they do or not.

I think they signaled pretty clearly in the trailer that they do.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Sony couldn't have chosen a worst day to release the trailer tho.

The world is knee deep in Brangelina drama.

It trended long before that came out, world wide, and alongside it for hours.  Yeah, dammit, there was other news, but I don't think this was hurt.

1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

I noticed the trailer trending on Facebook earlier - don't know how meaningful that is.

Is there a benchmark for the number of movie trailer views a film should have on youtube? Or does anyone on here track those? The Passengers trailer has 1.1 million views on youtube after about 14 hours since posted, I think it is. That seems good, but I have no idea really. Just thinking out loud - always looking for new ways to anticipate what a film's appeal and box office might be.

Peace,

Mike

I noted its trending above, didn't know about facebook.  But last time I looked there were about 4 million more views on Jen's facebook page.

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

It also has 1.5m views on the official FB video right now, but both numbers are rising pretty quickly as far as I can tell.

and that 1.5 million as well.

55 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

THIS FUCKING SCENE

tumblr_odtife7lVp1rmnnuso1_540.gif

tumblr_odtife7lVp1rmnnuso3_540.gif

tumblr_odtife7lVp1rmnnuso2_540.gif

Oh, yeah.

tumblr_odsz8utFvf1sybyd5o1_500.gif

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

I have to add, the bit about how many views...... when you get a really popular trailer, everyone and their rip-off brother upload it to their own accounts, and boy has this ever happened with this one.  Obviously that is much worse with movies like Star Wars or Marvel or DC movies, but the point is, how do you even count?

Finally watched the trailer. 

If the trailer sell the movie as is, then well, Morten Tyldum is one boring filmmaker.

JLaw and Chris Pratt look pretty though, so there's that.

I'll wait for reviews. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:

That Woody Allen movie with Colin Firth and Emma Stone as a romantic couple felt like the nadir of ridiculous age gaps in casting. 

Catherine Zeta-Jones and Sean Connery in Entrapment. He was James Bond and all but come on now...

1 hour ago, Sam said:

About the age gap thing, I rembember reading an article about that ridiculousness.

I mean, just look at these charts.

01-emmaStone-new.nocrop.w529.h700.2x.png

29-jlaw-age.nocrop.w529.h700.2x.png

29-scarjo-age.nocrop.w529.h700.2x.png

Looks like Scarjo got it the worst.

Well, The Hunger Games movies aren't exactly a great case for JLaw having love interests in her age range...

It's part sexism...okay, a lot sexism but also middle-aged actors and execs wanting to stay on top and fend off the young studs....especially now, they used to let Tom Cruise and Will Smith and Ben Affleck be leading men who carried the mainstream movies in their 20s, but now it's like guys are stuck playing high school/college kids until they're around 30, unless it's some indie/VOD. Meanwhile the internet snipes about twentysomething actresses playing dress up or looking too young, to be cast as mothers or young professionals.

Another thing these graphs show is that the movie industry so leery about interracial pairings. Put JLaw with Michael B. Jordan!

• Like 2