CAYOM YEAR 1: Film Discussion

Well where I should put Spellforce then?... I think its good enough to stand against another big film but where? I don´t get why I should move again.

Two major films claimed November 18th before you moved Spellforce there, so your move essentially puts Spellforce in an even worse position than it currently was. If one has to move it's only fair that your film should since you weren't originally there.You have 3 choices:1) Open the day before Thanksgiving. The only opener there is an R-rated animated comedy, something that won't detract from Spellforce at all.2) Open against The Morrow like you originally planned. If you think it's good enough to stand against a big film then put it there since it's 1 big film, not 2.3) Open Christmas weekend (Dec. 21). In all honesty to Hiccup, because Mars Trilogy has no cast listed and the plot appears to just be a giant paragraph blob copied from Wikipedia with no explanation of things, I think that film will bomb hard. Spellforce can accelerate that sinking.

Mars Trilogy was always intended to be a huge bomb

SS, I think you just got the greenlight for December 21st. Ry, take notes.On an extension, since it seems a few people need some more time, I will extend the Part 1 deadline to midnight the night of Friday December 9th. That is 5 more days.

Family films are sparse for the summer so I put a family (non-animated) film on July 15th. So far May 20th, June 10th, and July 15th are the only family films until mid September when Family of Families opens.Should I move Sitting Ducks to June 24th?? and then put Dark Victorian somewhere else?

Edited by Roger the Alien

Family films are sparse for the summer so I put a family (non-animated) film on July 15th. So far May 20th, June 10th, and July 15th are the only family films until mid September when Family of Families opens.Should I move Sitting Ducks to June 24th?? and then put Dark Victorian somewhere else?

My film Paperboy is a family film and it opens July 1st.

The following weeks need films for sure (after the unposted major films are posted):May 6th- Fab 5 should move hereMay 20th- We need a blockbuster of sorts to open against Birds of a Feather. WB, if you're still planning to make 24 or Ender's Game this year it can go here.May 27th- Maybe a family comedy or a big adult comedyWe need a few fillers for Late July and all of AugustSeptember 16th- Needs a wide release

• Community Manager

May 20th- We need a blockbuster of sorts to open against Birds of a Feather. WB, if you're still planning to make 24 or Ender's Game this year it can go here.

I cancelled Ender's Game since a real-life movie is in the works.I do have a film for May 20th, but it's more like Close Encounters of the Third Kind. (I also have an action film planned for June 17th, and a fantasy film for President's Day. My final OC, the drama film, on December 2nd.

Hunch has an action/adventure already for June 17th, so that film of yours could go to August, where there isn't really anything big poised to break out (Hired Guns is the biggest film and I see only Inglourious Basterds numbers for it, probably a bit less).June 24th is also an option.

Edited by 4815162342