CAYOM: Year 8 Advance Schedule

Untitled Dawn of Oblivion sequel - Thanksgiving weekend (sci-fi/fantasy) (dir James Cameron)

You serious? Say so and it goes up. As long as it stays at least those 3 weeks away from Dragon Age

That's my assumption. I figure we can start working out those details once the Oscars end. Shouldn't take too long to establish a new panel and re-establish the ground rules. After that, give people a little more time to work on their submissions and we're good to go.

Edited by 4815162342

June 8th:

The Voyages of Marco Polo: At the Edge of the Map (Period Adventure) (dir Sam Raimi)

Working title for now, I've reimagined it as a respectable blockbuster adventure, a sort of meeting point between Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator.  I know I've cancelled this previously and disappeared before all the time so I really hope I'll be able to get this in (not having classes now should help), at any rate this was a date with a huge opening for something and I thought I should take it.

Hunch, I think you should move Marco Polo back a week to June 1. Hand Drawn Heroes is probably going to be a huge hit, being the fact it's an ensemble of historical cartoon characters, which should be a huge draw. Only on June 1 is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which should probably appeal to a more niche audience than Marco Polo.

June 8th:

The Voyages of Marco Polo: At the Edge of the Map (Period Adventure) (dir Sam Raimi)

Working title for now, I've reimagined it as a respectable blockbuster adventure, a sort of meeting point between Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator.  I know I've cancelled this previously and disappeared before all the time so I really hope I'll be able to get this in (not having classes now should help), at any rate this was a date with a huge opening for something and I thought I should take it.

Really hoping to see this one getting released, and pretty much any other movie you're planning. We could use a few extra players ^^

I don't see HDH being that big, tbh. I'm expecting a run similar to Spark's Y4 run.

I think your underestimating your own film. The whole "cartoon ensemble" idea is going to be a big hit with audiences.

If it did have a Spark-esque run, I'd label it a big disappointment.

I don't see HDH being that big, tbh. I'm expecting a run similar to Spark's Y4 run.

Remember what people predicted for Avengers and what It grossed? Same story here.

September 14: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Legacy of Nightmare Moon, Part 1 (Animated/Musical) dir. James Wooton

Just to point this out, I wished I'd have the rights for MLP. Not only because of those legal battles that don't even matter since the movie is still getting made, but an idea for MLP just clicked. Like, really clicked.

Blank made The Last Six in Y4, a Brad Bird-directed fantasy epic about gods from several mythologies coming together to save the world. It was a modest hit Domestically, making ~$210m and $700m WW. It didn't get earth shattering reviews, though, so Blank needs to step up his game if he wants an increase.