Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Well, here's my spoiler free short analisys from the general thread:

Serously, I'll tell you what this movie's problem is.

1. It is funny AND it is black, but in a Shane Black way. This isn't what you think it is. It is a PARODY of what you think it is.

2. NOTHING spectacular or beautiful, except what they already showed in the trailer. (And even that was meh.)

3. No real sense of danger at any point for any character. The plot is simply and utterly ridiculous, like Transformers ridiculous.

So if you're up for some low key light comedy action, you'll like it. The trailers promised a very different movie though.

And now the spoilers:

What they did with the Mandarin was hilarious, but hardly unexpected. Hell, it's no different from his real life counterparts. ;)

Yes, we got some laughs, but we lost a great villain. Fanboys will go totally apeshit on this. I pity them.

Now listen closely. The bad guys in this movie (hundreds of 'em) are people that can BOIL themselves, turn to frigging MAGMA and explode like a nuke! NOT joking. They're STRONGER than an IM suit with their bare hands!! WHAT THA FCUK IS THIS SH!T??!?

It's a total disgrace and kills ANY logic and suspense in the movie. What do they think their audience is made of, BABOONS???

Here's also a helpful and insightful comparisson with The Avengers:

So, The Avengers is TONS better! It's stupid too, but it EMBRACES its stupidness, it doesn't fight it, like Shane does, sabotaging his whole movie in the process! Get it? ;)

Also a single scene in the TA has more action and eye-candy than the whole IM3. And Whedon is no lesser writer and humorist than Black.

So it turns out Whedon is TEN times better suited for a superhero schlock than Black is. So don't even look at the moolah TA made. It deserved it. And IM3 won't even sniff at it. It doesn't deserve more than HALF of it - and that's probably what it'll get, max.

Get me? :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 3

I'm still buzzing from what I just saw, but this was pure awesomeness. Way better than I ever expected, and one of the most entertaining, funny movies I've ever seen. It was an absolute blast. For me, the best Marvel film to date, and it'll be very difficult to top.

Its funny, entertaining, has great dialogue and is often exciting but overall IM3 is kinda underwhelming and almost half-assed. They do some pretty stupid and disappointing things, and there's really no rewatch value for me but I'm sill feeling more positive than negative about it because I still had a good enough time at the movies. 

3/5

No rewatch value!? Seriously? I think this is one of the most re-watchable films, like, ever.

• Like 1

Ya.. I got ya and you're wrong.. This movie is going to damn near make what TA made in it's OW or come pretty close to it.. Get ready.. I'm a very confident individual in this and much like last summer, I'll be right this summer as well...

Don`t worry BKB. Shay is just green with envy that IM3 is obivously going to blow his precious Floppit out of water critcially and boxoffice-wise. so he`s trying to spread negative WOM cause there`s none except in his corner. It`s  a part of franchsie war agenda.

if anything, his review just confirms the awesomeness of IM3.

• Like 1

Ya.. I got ya and you're wrong.. This movie is going to damn near make what TA made in it's OW or come pretty close to it.. Get ready.. I'm a very confident individual in this and much like last summer, I'll be right this summer as well...

Yeah, just don't mortgage your house to bet on this. You'll thank me later.

HAVE YOU FUCKING SEEN THE MOVIE? HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THIS?

I've seen it and I'm telling you it has NOTHING in common with The Avengers, it's the polar opposite.

• Like 1

Don`t worry BKB. Shay is just green with envy that IM3 is obivously going to blow his precious Floppit out of water critcially and boxoffice-wise. so he`s trying to spread negative WOM cause there`s none except in his corner. It`s  a part of franchsie war agenda.

Yeah, well, as a general rule you shouldn't judge the others by your own self, cause usually the others are NOT crazy. ;)

I only go with how good a movie is and how much I liked it. And I see EVERYTHING, even total garbage like the Hunger Games. On the other hand you're so out there (beyond return), that you don't even watch movies anymore, just write BS here ten hours a day. Do you have the slightest idea how fcuked up is that?

• Like 1

3. No real sense of danger at any point for any character.

So, basically, just like the first two Iron Man films, where the main villain is treated as a minor inconvenience so as not to get in the way of tone-killing attempts at comedy.

Seriously, can we get an IM film where the threat is treated AS a threat and Tony has to go through some real extended emotional drama just once?

• Like 1

Yeah, well, as a general rule you shouldn't judge the others by your own self, cause usually the others are NOT crazy. ;)

I only go with how good a movie is and how much I liked it. And I see EVERYTHING, even total garbage like the Hunger Games. On the other hand you're so out there (beyond return), that you don't even watch movies anymore, just write BS here ten hours a day. Do you have the slightest idea how fcuked up is that?

Do you have the slightest idea how fucked up it is to spend 2 or more hours on your life (and maybe even money) on something you already decided is garbage? :P

I never thought it was garbage, gave it 8/10 even the first time. And I'm all for equal chances. :)

But I see now I've been needlessly harsh on BKB. Just saw it a 2nd time - MUCH better! :) Especially because of the 3D (first was in 2D), really brings the candy into eye-candy! (Wasn't there the first time.)

Still ridiculous though, and still feels like KKBB 2, which - surprisingly - is not exactly good. So I won't be very sad when it underperforms. :)

Finally, I have only one really big objection against this movie - and it is the "superpowers" of the bad guys. Still the worst thing I've ever seen, like... Green Lantern bad!

The worst marvel studios movie by far . An awful mix of james bond and transformers , no iron man in there folks . What they did with the mandarin is heart breaking . Another cockle cutter american villain very similar to the previous movies , Awful comedy . Makes part 2 seem like a masterpiece . I just returned from the cinema and i am speechless . What a mistep for marvel studios , i am really curious for this movie's legs .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The worst marvel studios movie by far . An awful mix of james bond and transformers , no iron man in there folks . What they did with the mandarin is heart breaking . Another cockle cutter american villain very similar to the previous movies , Awful comedy . Makes part 2 seem like a masterpiece . I just returned from the cinema and i am speechless . What a mistep for marvel studios , i am really curious for this movie's legs .

lolwut

• Like 2

Iron Man 3 is fun. It's not Avengers level awesome that gives me feelings if childlike excitement that makes me immune to recognising any flaws it might have though. I think it mostly suffers from a pretty weak villain with Pearce. As amazing, unexpected and hilarious as the twist in the film is, it did give me a feeling of "Oh really? So this guy is our main villain?... Mmkay" regarding Pearce.But that's really my biggest complaint. Shane Black mostly gets the tone of the movie right, it's quite funny and there's some good serious stuff about how Iron Man is fucking up Tony Stark's head. The action scenes are all done well, RDJ is as good as ever but Kingsley is the best here. He's just ridiculously entertaining to watch. I'd probably give this a B+

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2