Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I'm speechless how one SIMPLE thing can destroy one experience

I loved EVERYTHING until the twist (Malibu house getting destroyed and Tony Stark speech about Mandarin :wub: :wub:). A truly great villain getting dismissed like that (remembered Davy Jones in AWE) for one of the worst and bland villains EVER for a superhero movie is inexcusable and ruined the experience for me. This is getting a good rating from me though.

ps: Iron Man have little screen time in this one, for those who complain about too much Bruce (and less Batman)

in TDKR.

MCU

IM3

B+ 8.5

IM

B 8.0

TA

B 7.5

TIH

B- 7.0

Thor

B- 6.5

IM2

C+ 5.5

Captain America

C 4.5

Edited by GoffeSteel

Couldn't have been that bad if you rated it higher than the 1st IRONMAN??? You gave IM3 a B+ and IM a B...

it's not a bad movie at all, in fact is the second best of 2013 until now (only behind Oz), but can't get over the twist, the lame villain and the underwhelming climax.

Its a complete crowd pleaser. Mandarin sucked big time but Guy Pierce did a solid job much better than previous IM villians. and the movie was all about RDJ and he was brilliant as usual. 1st half is ok but 2nd half was fantastic and climax/action scenes were much better than Avengers. Overall its much better than IM2 and I liked it more than Avengers. Shane Black does a fantastic job and dialogues were top notch.My Rating is A just for RDJ. I think IM3 is winning the year domestic and WW.

So let me get this straight.. Last year when we had the first teaser for IM3 there were people claiming that it seemed to dark and to quote, was copying TDK franchise. Now I see some of the same posters criticising the film for not being the dark and serious movie they expected and slated the movie earlier on for being. Some people are just impossible to please.

• Like 5

So let me get this straight.. Last year when we had the first teaser for IM3 there were people claiming that it seemed to dark and to quote, was copying TDK franchise. Now I see some of the same posters criticising the film for not being the dark and serious movie they expected and slated the movie earlier on for being. Some people are just impossible to please.

Who are these posters ? The problem isn't that the movie isn't  dark, the problem is that the movie is garbage .

The so-called big twist was predictable. Especially when they telegraphed it in the very first minute.Other than that, it was a top notch film. Better than IM1 and way better than IM2 and The Avengers. Action, acting, plot were all extremely well done. 9/10 (A-)Did anyone else wonder how Pepper was able to control her newfound powers? No doubt that scene was badass but I found it to be slightly odd.Also, was Phase 1, Phase 2 ever explained in the movie? The bad guy was talking about how Pepper was only in phase 2. Does it mean that Pepper's able to control her powers but there might be some sort of glitch during that phase?

• Like 1

Who are these posters ? The problem isn't that the movie isn't  dark, the problem is that the movie is garbage .

I won't say names, its insulting and for you it may be garbage but its getting great reviews, it will receive good WOM and earn a ton of money.

The so-called big twist was predictable. Especially when they telegraphed it in the very first minute.Other than that, it was a top notch film. Better than IM1 and way better than IM2 and The Avengers. Action, acting, plot were all extremely well done. 9/10 (A-)Did anyone else wonder how Pepper was able to control her newfound powers? No doubt that scene was badass but I found it to be slightly odd.Also, was Phase 1, Phase 2 ever explained in the movie? The bad guy was talking about how Pepper was only in phase 2. Does it mean that Pepper's able to control her powers but there might be some sort of glitch during that phase?

Pepper was cured at the end of the movie.
  • Like 1

what was the scene post credit?

Tony Stark provides a voiceover a couple of times through the movie. The end credit scene suggests this voiceover was actually part of a therapy session with Bruce Banner. Stark notices Banner has fallen asleep and asks at what point. Banner says he dozed off at a point very early in the movie and says that he's not really that kind of doctor. The scene has no link to any future film.

Yes. It seemed totally random at first but put in context of the prologue it kinda works.

Not only the prologue, but if you listen to the lyrics, it perfectly fits Tony's psychological condition in this movie. It really was an excellent choice. I want more Marvel movies open with subject relevant songs play over their logos.  :wub:

Oh and the movie itself gets a solid 9/10 from me. Excellent script, cast bringing their A game (RDJ at his best), inventive ways of using the armor and Shane bringing a very fun 80s/90s action movie flavor to the franchise. It is right up there with The Avengers, probably I will like it even better when I watch it for the second time. 

The only reason I didn't give it a full 10 was because I felt Extremis soldiers looked slightly cheesy with their B-grade horror movie glowing skin and red eyes. And the scene where Killian blows fire at Rhodey was soo OTT.  :D I haven't read the Extremis storyline from the comics so I don't know how faithful they were to the look and powers of the Extremis soldiers. The rest of the group I watched the movie with did not enjoy the movie because they found Killian and Extremis soldiers too OTT and ridiculous. They also thought Extremis powered Pepper to be completely unnecessary so I think fishnet's concerns do have merit. But for me, these factors were easy to overlook because the movie was so damn enjoyable! Hopefully, same is the case for majority of the GA.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Pepper was cured at the end of the movie.

I know that but I was wondering why and how before she got cured. Like how she was able to use her powers with complete control. And about the Phase 2 thing. Maybe the Phase 2 scene is supposed to be a throwaway scene but why would you say that in the first place? I thought it was going to be important later on with Pepper but it turns out it's not even necessary since she was able to control her powers like she was Nikita.

I know that but I was wondering why and how before she got cured. Like how she was able to use her powers with complete control. And about the Phase 2 thing. Maybe the Phase 2 scene is supposed to be a throwaway scene but why would you say that in the first place? I thought it was going to be important later on with Pepper but it turns out it's not even necessary since she was able to control her powers like she was Nikita.

The whole "Pepper getting Extremised" was the only noteworthy flaw of an otherwise great movie. 

• Like 1

What's your favourite scene?

1. The Mandarin out of the bathroom.

2. The sky monkeys.

3. Kung Fu fight with Killian.

4. Downey fucking with the kid.

5. Fight in the Mandarin mansion with half the armour.

Edited by shayhiri