This was pretty crap.

Positives:

- Visual design

- Vocal performances

- Dr Nefarius

- Cute references to the games

Negatives:

- Monotonous

- Obnoxious pop culture references (someone yelling, "Wilhelm!!" as a wilhelm scream plays? Really?)

- Flat characters

- Very unfunny

The games have a place in my heart, but the film didn't live up to them. However, I suspect that is because I have grown up. Last time I played the games, I was about 10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Treetrunk Special said:

This was pretty crap.

Positives:

- Visual design

- Vocal performances

- Dr Nefarius

- Cute references to the games

Negatives:

- Monotonous

- Obnoxious pop culture references (someone yelling, "Wilhelm!!" as a wilhelm scream plays? Really?)

- Flat characters

- Very unfunny

The games have a place in my heart, but the film didn't live up to them. However, I suspect that is because I have grown up. Last time I played the games, I was about 10.

I agree with all the points you make, except for the Wilhelm one. I guess I kinda liked that part.

Did you stay for the post credit scene(s)? I'm always sweeping when they come on cause nobody stays for them.

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I agree with all the points you make, except for the Wilhelm one. I guess I kinda liked that part.

Did you stay for the post credit scene(s)? I'm always sweeping when they come on cause nobody stays for them.

I had to rush back home for dinner, didn't stay for the end of the credits, though I usually try to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Hey the game is pretty solid.

It looks absolutely gorgeous yep.

It s sad it s the only game of its genre on PS4 if you don't count cheap indies.

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

It looks absolutely gorgeous yep.

It s sad it s the only game of its genre on PS4 if you don't count cheap indies.

Tearaway Unfolded? Little Big Planet 3?

Damn you, Tree, why did you let me see this cr@p??!!

OMG, I watch every high budget animation, but I've religiously avoided the low budget scam flicks so far - so I was totally unprepared for this.

This thing seems written for 5 year olds!! By a 6 years old!!!! That's how dumb it is.

It is also cheap and ugly, like half a million budget. And I couldn't even listen to some of the celebrity voices, because it was dubbed - like every piece of cheap animated garbage.

Shay out.

Edited by shayhiri

26 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Cartoon Brew has an update on this movie, in an article that says Rainmaker lost $10 million, and the press release specifically mentioned The Jungle Book and Zootopia as to why the movie did not do well.

Very unfortunate. They might have to go back to doing less risky work like the Barbie videos.