Impact

Amityville: The Awakening | Free on Google Play on October 12, in select theaters October 28

On 7/28/2017 at 0:38 PM, Boxofficerules said:

I hear this is now out in Russia. Theyd want to release it before the Russian DVD comes out.

I am just in the process of bumping this thread.  I was browsing the last update on BOM for Russia and saw it was released.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/cis/?yr=2017&wk=29&p=new

Then I visited Amityville's page and came across this for Foreign:  5 countries this last week!!!

Colombia Cineco 7/27/17 $147,804 100% $147,804 7/30/17
Lithuania - 7/28/17 $14,888 100% $14,888 7/30/17
Romania InterCom 7/28/17 $57,250 100% $57,250 7/30/17
Russia - CIS - 7/20/17 $579,317 100% $579,317 7/23/17
Ukraine - 7/20/17 $39,394 49.3% $79,837 7/30/17
  • Like 1

The saga has finally come to an end. It'll be available to stream for free on Google Play in October (with a limited theatrical release on 10/28 for some reason).

http://deadline.com/2017/09/amityville-the-awakening-to-stream-on-google-play-for-free-gets-limited-theatrical-release-1202174538/

Edited by Taylor

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

The saga has finally come to an end. It'll be available to stream for free on Google Play in October (with a limited theatrical release on 10/28 for some reason).

http://deadline.com/2017/09/amityville-the-awakening-to-stream-on-google-play-for-free-gets-limited-theatrical-release-1202174538/

Watch this be the ultimate fate for Polaroid as well.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well shit, if it's free I guess I have to check it out.

Just remember that you might not pay any money to see it, but you will spend two hours of your life you will never get back.........

But,yeah, I think the studio did the smart thing to put it out of it's misery.

Consdiering that almost any horror movie, no matter how bad it may be, gets a theatrical release, I shudder at what POS this thing must be....

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It has a decent cast and the directors previous horror films weren't terrible (P2, Maniac), so I wonder if it's actually that bad or if it's more Weinstein's incompetence. 

Given the film's history, it's probably that bad. Decent movies don't fester on the shelves for two and half years. Particualrly in a genre where the core audience is very forgiving.

32 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Just remember that you might not pay any money to see it, but you will spend two hours of your life you will never get back.........

But,yeah, I think the studio did the smart thing to put it out of it's misery.

Consdiering that almost any horror movie, no matter how bad it may be, gets a theatrical release, I shudder at what POS this thing must be....

It'll be worth seeing why Weinstein delayed the fuck out of this :lol: 

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It'll be worth seeing why Weinstein delayed the fuck out of this :lol: 

I admit a certain morbid curiosity, but don't want to pay good monoey to satisfy it.

Maybe if it gets the Rifftrax/Mst3k treatment,which it seems to be screaming for....

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Harvey has officially lost it.

Look, every studio makes movies that  turns out to be pure shit. Sometimes the movie gods just don't like you that day.

Where Harvey made his mistake is not in producing a bad movie...shit happens..but in his dithering in how to handle it.

He should have made up his mind early on after seeing he had a POS on his hand whther to just give it a quick theatrical release and take his lumps and get it over with, or send it straight to DTV/Streaming video. It was Harvey's inability to decide that is causing a good deal of the film industry to laugh at him  over this.

Okay so for real? This was actually pretty good, even in its neutered PG-13 form! It's definitely not a quality issue that kept it from theatres because it's a good bit better than most of the non-Conjuring related supernatural horror that's been out in the past couple years. Some of it is kind of silly but it's got some effective suspense and jumps and the story is at least moderately interesting. Shame Dimension couldn't get their shit together on this one.

Are you kidding, right? This piece of shit is easily the worst movie of year, there’s absolutely no redeem aspect here, everything is just painfully bad.

The movie looks like an amador movie, cheap as hell, one of the worst cinematography that I ever saw. Acting is brutal, Bella Throne can’t act even if her life depends on this. The characters are extremely unbearable and stupid. There’s not even decent jump scares to keep you awake. I know that there’s a lot of bad Amityville movies out there, but this one managed to bring the worst of each of them, awful.

• Like 1

Sorry but no way in hell is this anywhere near as bad as The Bye Bye ManRingsPhoenix ForgottenIt Comes at NightFriend RequestFlatliners... and certainly not most of the direct-to-video Amityville movies. If this is the worst cinematography you've ever seen then I can't imagine you've seen very many movies :P