kayumanggi

MACBETH | 12.04.15 | The Weinstein Company | final domestic gross: $1,110,707

Romeo + Juliet and The Lion King roll their eyes at your sarcasm. Even Gnomeo and Juliet flashes its jarring 99.967M dom total at you.

R+J is far well know than Shakespeares' name itself and of course his other works.

And Lion King was newer promoted as movie based on Shakespeares work. 

• Like 1

R+J is far well know than Shakespeares' name itself and of course his other works.

And Lion King was newer promoted as movie based on Shakespeares work. 

I was being a little facetious but I think if they have a refreshing spin like R+J, then Bard works are not really BO poison, seeing how their timelessness and universality rivals only those of age old fairytales.  

And of course, it also depends on star power. A straight adaptation starring Fassy and Marion won't attract big crowds obviously. But cast Leo instead of MF and I think the interest would have easily tripled.

• Like 1

Romeo + Juliet and The Lion King roll their eyes at your sarcasm. Even Gnomeo and Juliet flashes its jarring 99.967M dom total at you.

People didn't flock to Lion King because of Sir William, let s not pretend that, and yep, I almost added the Baz movie which was a mini hit back in its day.

Cameron pitch for Titanic to Fox : Romeo & Juliet on a doomed boat.

Lots of movies have Shakespeare tropes but literal adaptations have a hard time most of the time at the movies.

Not that's much better :)

Haha it says 213 in te first post and I actually said out loud to myself "well, I'm never getting to see this movie in our theatre"

This movie is never coming to your theater.

Harvey is doing a limited release in December in LA and NYC and it is going on to Amazon a couple months after.

Totally abandoning it.

Harvey is doing a limited release in December in LA and NYC and it is going on to Amazon a couple months after.

Totally abandoning it.

I know :(

Instead, I get to see Road Chip over the holidays :angry:

Totally abandoning it.

That really sucks - was looking forward to seeing this in the theater :angry: