kayumanggi

MACBETH | 12.04.15 | The Weinstein Company | final domestic gross: $1,110,707

poster_103624_1433428022.jpg

MOVIE INFO
Macbeth is the story of a fearless warrior and inspiring leader brought low by ambition and desire. A thrilling interpretation of the dramatic realities of the times and a reimagining of what wartime must have been like for one of literature's most famous and compelling characters, a story of all-consuming passion and ambition set in war torn Scotland.

RELEASE DATE: TBD
STUDIO: The Weinstein Company
DIRECTOR: Justin Kurzel
SCREENWRITERS: Jacob Koskoff, Michael Lesslie, Todd Louiso
STARRING: Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | More here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/macbeth_2015/
MPAA RATING: N/A
RUNTIME: 213 minutes

INTERNATIONAL TRAILER 1

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Portman is alright but I was hoping for someone edgier like Jessica Chastain. Lady Macbeth is a very edgy, dominating character and Chastain would've seamlessly pulled it off but what the hell do I know?

Ummm. Natalie will do alright. I liked her in the Other Boleyn Girl. She got a lot of hate for it but I think she did well.

• Like 1

Portman is alright but I was hoping for someone edgier like Jessica Chastain. Lady Macbeth is a very edgy, dominating character and Chastain would've seamlessly pulled it off but what the hell do I know?

Your casting choice here is quite good so...you must know something.
  • Like 1

Your casting choice here is quite good so...you must know something.

All I know is that I was infatuated with Lady Macbeth when I was in 9th grade. :D Now I like Natalie Portman and she will do alright but actresses like Charlize Theron and Jessica Chastain can flatout nail the cold-blooded menacing Lady Macbeth character from the first two acts. You can see them dominate Michael Fassbender's Macbeth. Maybe Natalie Portman will surprise us just like she did in Black Swan.

• Like 1

All I know is that I was infatuated with Lady Macbeth when I was in 9th grade. :D Now I like Natalie Portman and she will do alright but actresses like Charlize Theron and Jessica Chastain can flatout nail the cold-blooded menacing Lady Macbeth character from the first two acts. You can see them dominate Michael Fassbender's Macbeth. Maybe Natalie Portman will surprise us just like she did in Black Swan.

Now that you posted this I can see where you're coming from. I had to remember Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. Yeah she is cunning.

• Like 1

Ummm. Natalie will do alright. I liked her in the Other Boleyn Girl. She got a lot of hate for it but I think she did well.

I got through about half an hour of that film before switching off - it was a TV movie. Portman's 'good girl' persona could subvert this role well though.

• Like 1