The Creator

Box Office Alliance Season 1 (Full Season Here)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win Player of the Season?

• The Dark Alfred (placed 1st)
    • acsc1312 (placed 2nd)
    • CEDAR (placed 3rd)
    • Fake (placed 4th)
    • Townzy89 (placed 5th)
    • XenoZodiac (placed 6th)
  2. 2. What was the best team of the season?

• The Firerisers (Games 1-14) (Game 15)
    • The Shadowlords (Games 1-13)
    • The Wild Cards (Games 1-13)
    • The Epic Losers (Games 1-12)
    • Amazingly Adequate (Games 1-10)
    • The Beasts in the Bushes (Games 1-9)
    • Stark Brothers (Games 1-5)
    • The Pirates (Games 1-4)
    • The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was (Games 1-3)
    • Team Avatrek (Games 1-2)
    • Team Hunger (Games 1-5)
    • The Icelords (Game 15)

THE PILOT

AMAZINGLY ADEQUATE

EmpireStrikesBack: 90.59% +1 point (90%+ average)

Electric: 91.96% +1 point (90%+ average)

---Overall---: 91.28% +2 points (3rd highest team average)

+4 points

TEAM AVATREK

Avatarfan: 90.55% +1 point (90%+average)

Mattrek: 0% (one strike) -1 point

---Overall---: 45.28%

THE EPIC LOSERS

Fake: 86.94%

Schumaker FTW: 87.66%

---Overall---: 87.30%

FIRERISERS

The Dark Alfred: 84.80%

Townzy89: 84.80%

---Overall---: 84.80%

THE NO-NAMES

bigm10: 0% (one strike) -1 point

Metta World Peace: 0% (one strike) -1 point

---Overall---: 0%

-2 points

THE PIRATES

Cjohn: 81.31%

Dom Cobb: 78.21%

---Overall---: 79.76%

STARK BROTHERS

RichWS: 93.61% +3 points (highest individual average)

Totem: 92.65% +1 point (90%+ average)

---Overall---: 93.13% +5 points (highest team average)

+9 points

THE SHADOWLORDS

acsc1312: 92.13% +1 point (90%+ average)

XenoZodiac: 90.59% +1 point (90%+average)

---Overall---: 91.36% +3 points (second highest team average)

+5 points

TEAM HUNGER

CEDAR: 84.02%

Roger the Alien: 81.43%

---Overall---: 82.73%

THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

JamesFord92: 84.95%

Spaghetti: 85.56%

---Overall---: 85.26%

THE WILD CARDS

DerekVI: 81.22%

Kalo21: 81.22%

---Overall---: 81.22%

Stark Brothers win with +9 points for 10 points total. Shadowlords are in second with 6 points total, followed by Amazingly Adequate in third with 5 points total. At 5 points, you can buy one immunity, which means if the Stark Brothers choose your team to go into a challenge, you can buy an immunity just for that week but you forfeit all your points.

Edited by The Creator

I'll explain briefly, but for now these are things the highest scoring team can do to manipulate the course of the game:
  1. They can choose to send two people against each other in a competition to be held on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. These two people can be from the same pair or can be drawn from two different pairs. The two must answer questions (usually one, but sometimes three), and the one with the highest score moves on while the other is eliminated.

2. NEW: They can rearrange the members of different teams. This means that they can take one person off a team and switch him with a member from a different team. ***If the same team wins two weeks in a row and chooses this option, that team can rearrange three groups instead of two.

3. NEW: They can challenge another team for their points (points will be explained shortly). However, this involves the risk of losing your own points if the other team wins.

4. NEW: They can choose to take any player from any team and put them on their own team, and the other player from that pair must be assigned to a new team. ***This can only be done if the winning team's point total exceeds 25 points.

5. NEW: They can purchase things with their points. For instance, use 5 points to buy yourself +5% in next week's game. Use 10 points to buy yourself +10% in next week's game (I probably won't go any higher than a 10% bonus). Use 15 points to allow your lowest scores from next week's game to be canceled. Or use 20 points to buy immunity entirely in next week's game, or at any game of your choosing.

6. NEW: They can challenge The Creator in a competition. Instead of facing elimination for losing the challenge, the pair will instead forfeit all their points in they lose the challenge. However, if they win, their point total will be doubled, so if a team has 25 points and the partners choose to challenge The Creator, the team can wind up with either 0 or 50 points.

***If a team wins two weeks in a row, the team can choose any two of the above options (except for option 4 if the team's point total does not exceed 25 points).

***If a team wins three weeks in a row, the team can choose any THREE of the above options.

The Stark Brothers: you've got to choose an option and notify The Creator.

Stark Brothers have chosen to put Electric and acsc1312 into a challenge together. Because both Electric's team and acsc1312's team have more than 5 point, they can both buy an immunity if they wish but will forfeit five points from their teams' respective totals. If this happens, then the Stark Brothers will choose two other people from teams other than Amazingly Adequate or The Shadowlords or will choose a different option. You guys don't have to spend all your points. The Challenge will be due tomorrow night and this week's game will be posted today. Accomodations will be made where deemed necessary.

In the meantime, here's Game 2:

Predict the following:

1. Chronicle (Opening weekend gross)

2. The Woman in Black (Opening weekend gross)

3. The Grey ( % drop from last weekend)

4. Underworld Awakening (Per theater average)

Edited by The Creator

acsc1312 and Electric have both chosen not to use points for immunity and will therefore challenge each other. One will be eliminated and the Stark Brothers will choose where to move his partner (so this weekend one team will have 3 players, and it is up to the Stark Bros to decide which team...it can be them, or it can be someone else).

The Challenge

Predict The Grey's Thursday Per Theater Average

This is due by 11:00 P.M. Eastern tomorrow, Thursday, February 2, 2012.

Hey, Creator.

We are only 1 game and 1 challenge into this season, so I think a few changes could be made regarding points. Since the teams are dynamic and can change frequently, I suggest that you distribute points to individual members. That way one can keep the points one earned in case they change to new team. This will also make selecting team for the challenge-loser's partner more strategic.

Hmm, ok I'll consider it. I also want to try something where it's fairer on those who score higher because those who are the better players should be able to stick around longer than those who frequently score lower but lower scoring players are less likely to be targeted by the highest scoring team.

As it is, the Challenge has been answered. Electric and acsc1312 were asked to predict the Thursday PTA of The Grey. The actual PTA was $397. Below are their scores:

acsc1312

84.64%

Electric

98.49%

So

acsc1312

unfortunately you have been eliminated much earlier than I was expecting. But I'm sending you a notification so don't be disappointed, and Stark Bros I'm sending you guys a message as well.

IMPORTANT NOTE CONCERNING POINT TOTALS

Point totals go toward your team's bank account, but you earn the points. So each member in the team will have a certain number of points. If a member is eliminated, his bank account goes into a vault that another member can "steal" by winning certain questions and challenges, or by being the person responsible for the elimination of the aforementioned player. You can buy things with your individual points as well. I am updating the point counts, too.

Because this is clearer and more precise, it should be noted that there were some obvious technicalities in the first game and especially in delays I had with scoring and with starting and finishing the Challenge. It made it unfair on those four members directly affected by the Challenge (the two going into it and the two who were there partners). Because of this new change to the point system, I unfairly gave both acsc1312 and Electric misguided information when I told them about the immunities. I made it out so that they would have to use their teams' points to buy the immunity and would take points away from the other player and neither was willing to do this out of fairness to their respective partners. Therefore, I feel it is my fault and that the Challenge itself has been an error from the start.

Therefore, I am asking for special considerations. Because I am to blame for this technical error, I ask that acsc1312 be allowed to remain in the game but that his point count by reset for losing (while not affecting Xeno's point count). Stark Bros, I look especially to you here since it was you guys who chose him for the Challenge and fairness dictates that I take your opinion into consideration.

Partners:

1. RichWS [7] and Totem [5] (Stark Brothers) +12

2. Electric [3] and EmpireStrikesBack [3] (Amazingly Adequate) +5

3. XenoZodiac [4] and acsc1312 [0] (The Shadowlords) +4

4. CJohn [1] and Dom Cobb [1] (The Pirates) +2

5. The Dark Alfred [1] and Townzy89 [1] (The Firerisers) +2

6. Roger the Alien [1] and CEDAR [1] (Team Hunger) +2

7. DerekVI [1] and Kalo21 [1] (The Wild Cards) +2

8. Fake [1] and Schumaker FTW [1] (The Epic Losers) +2

9. JamesFord92 [1] and Spaghetti [1] (The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was) +2

10. Avatarfan [1] and Mattrek [0] (Team Avatrek) +1

11. Metta World Peace [-1] and bigm10 [-1] (The Beasts in the Bushes) -2

1 creativity point for selecting team name.

2 points for each member in the 3rd placed team.

3 points for each member in the 2nd placed team.

5 points for each member in the highest scoring team.

3 points for the highest individual score.

-1 point for not predicting.

acsc1312's points are reset for losing the challenge.

Is this correct, Creator? And no points for 90%+accuracy?

Btw, 2. Electric [3] and EmpireStrikesBack [3] (Amazingly Adequate) +6

Edited by XenoZodiac

Xeno, I reworked the points. First place team got 6 points total, which was +3 each, +1 point to each score over 90%, +1 point for creative names, +3 points to highest score, +2 points to each person on 2nd highest scoring team, +1 point to each point on 3rd highest scoring team. This may not always be so, depending on how scores are (if one week one team gets 90% but every other team is in the 60s, expect that team to get a bigger point bonus).

So its like this? I see two mistakes. You haven't given RichWS and Avatarfan their points for getting 90%+ score.

<head>

<style type="text/css">

#customers

{

font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

text-align:center;

width:100%;

border-collapse:collapse;

}

#customers td, #customers th

{

font-size:1em;

border:1px solid #98bf21;

padding:3px 7px 2px 7px;

}

#customers th

{

font-size:1.1em;

text-align:left;

padding-top:5px;

padding-bottom:4px;

}

#customers tr.alt td, #customers tr.alt th

{

color:#000000;

background-color:#EAF2D3;

}

#customers tr.al2 th

{

color:#FFFFFF;

background-color:#A7C942;

text-align:center;

}

#customers tr.non td

{

color:#000000:

background-color:#FFFFFF;

}

</style>

</head>

<table id="customers">

<tr class="al2">

<th>Team</th><th>Player</th><th>Place Point</th><th>Score Point</th><th>Creativity</th><th>Neg Point</th><th colspan="2">Total</th>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">Stark Bros</td><td>RichWS</td><td>+3</td><td>+1+3</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+8</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+13</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Totem</td><td>+3</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+5</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">Amazingly Adequate</td><td>Electric</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+3</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+6</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>EmpireStrikesBack</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+3</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The Shadowlords</td><td>XenoZodiac</td><td>+2</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+4</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+4</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>acsc1312</td><td>+2</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>-4</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">0</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The Pirates</td><td>CJohn</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Dom Cobb</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The Firerisers</td><td>The Dark Alfred</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Townzy89</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">Team Hunger</td><td>Roger the Alien</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>CEDAR</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The Wild Cards</td><td>DerekVI</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Kalo21</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The Epic Losers</td><td>Fake</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Schumaker FTW</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The Very Best</td><td>JamesFord92</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Spaghetti</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+1</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">Team Avatrek</td><td>AvatarFan</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>+1</td><td>0</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">+2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>Mattrek</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>+1</td><td>-1</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">0</td>

</tr>

<tr class="alt">

<td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">The No Names</td><td>Metta World Peace</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>-1</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">-1</td><td rowspan="2" style="background-color:#CCFF99;">-2</td>

</tr>

<tr class="non">

<td>bigm10</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>-1</td><td style="background-color:#CCFF99;">-1</td>

</tr>

</table>

Edited by XenoZodiac