baumer

BSG Surprise Number 1 (The Donovan CHOOSE WISELY question)

If you go for part D, you simply have to get every question right within 5 million.  Thanks for bringing this up.

And you cannot change your mind.  Once you tell me in here what you are going for, you cannot decide to go for a different question. And yes, there are no edits.  So choose carefully.  Once you tell me what you are going for, that is your final choice.  You get one kick at the can.

No edits mean no reserves? FUCKING EH!?

No keep in mind guys, once you tell me what you are going for, IF IF you are going for all three, you can tell me that but still go for them at different times.  To do this, you can post each answer at a separate time in a separate post.  This is the only time you can make several posts.  

So you can say you are going for all three...that means you have to go for all three.  But you can answer all three at different times.  

Edited by baumer

Sorry....i will edit when i get home...but this thread will not be locked on may 24....that is a mistake on my part.

Oh one more thing,

for part B is there a minimum value/% that the prediction must be changed by.

As in if I have predicted Iron Man for 170M (I know its pre May 24th) can I answer part B with 170.01M as that makes a changed prediction.

Or should it be at least 5M away from the current predict or something? 

I'm gonna choose option A. Do I have to declare the actual film at the same time I choose the option?

No, but just keep in mind the rules of option A.  

Option A:

You cannot choose any films past August 9th or any films before May 24th.  Only films released on August 9th or before can count for this.

All of us have a top 15 domestic films.  This means there are many films you kept off your list.

A) choose one film that you did not put on your list.  Predict what it's final gross will be.  Your deadline to pick this film and predict the gross is the day before it comes out.  For example, if you choose The Purge, then your deadline to predict its final gross is Thursday June 6th at 11:59pm.  This will give you time to use tracking to decide what it will open to and subsequently what it will finish with.

Points for A)  if you call the final gross within 5 million, you get 15,000 points.  If you call it within 10 million, you get 8,000 points.  If you miss the gross by more than 20 million, you lose 5000 points.

Correct, you cannot choose Gatsby...it has to be a film released after the 24th. 

You can choose another option if you want to.