Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

AMC Universal Citywalk True IMAX:

1pm show: about 50% full

4:15 show: about 30% full

7:30 show: about 85% full

10:45 show: about 75% full

The IMAX here is usually going bananas too I believe. 

Edited by Jay Salahi

I know it's not a good direct comparison, but that theater was going NUTS for Avengers and TDKR.

Yeah.  But this was never going to match Avengers' attendance or TDKR's potential attendance (not going to open that can of worms).  IM2 sold 16.7M tickets, and this should do that or slightly better.  So I wouldn't expect it to have the kind of craze that either of those two had.

Yeah.  But this was never going to match Avengers' attendance or TDKR's potential attendance (not going to open that can of worms).  IM2 sold 16.7M tickets, and this should do that or slightly better.  So I wouldn't expect it to have the kind of craze that either of those two had.

Thank you.

Eveing Imax shows selling out...

In Comparison IM2 did not sell out any.

Walks up are strong 500 seat 4:30 show went from 10% full in the morning to 85% full as of now...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

BoxOfficeBuzz is currently saying 162M (updated 2 hours ago).  Their figures on the day of are usually pretty close to what these films would make with 2D only.  With that, 162M would be about 19.3M tickets, which would be about 87% of Avengers, and 15% more than IM2.  That'd put it at just around 180M.

Edited by spizzer

BoxOfficeBuzz is currently saying 162M (updated 2 hours ago).  Their figures on the day of are usually pretty close to what these films would make with 2D only.  With that, 162M would be about 19.3M tickets, which would be about 87% of Avengers, and 15% more than IM2.  That'd put it at just around 180M.

That would be similar to TDKR with 3D. Not sure it'll go that high.

For that, it would need something like this:

15.6M 9PM/Midnight

59.0M Friday

62.0M Saturday (+5.0%)

43.4M Sunday (-30.0%)

180M OW

That's basically the same internal multiplier that IM2 had when we remove the midnights for both.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

That would be similar to TDKR with 3D. Not sure it'll go that high.

Yeah, it would be a tossup between the two at that point (I have TDKR at 19.2M).  I think your 175M is looking pretty solid about now.

For that, it would need something like this:

15.6M 9PM/Midnight

59.0M Friday

62.0M Saturday (+5.0%)

43.4M Sunday (-30.0%)

180M OW

Maybe a tad high but looks pretty good to me. I expect something like:

16m Thurs/Mid

57m Friday

59m Saturday (+3.5%)

42m Sunday (-29%)

174m OW