Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Eveing Imax shows selling out...

In Comparison IM2 did not sell out any.

Walks up are strong 500 seat 4:30 show went from 10% full in the morning to 85% full as of now...

Walk ups are to Marvel movies what presales were to Potter/Twilight movies. :P

• Like 2

Oh my dayum! What an excellent opening.

$60 million opening day is locked. Somethings telling me around a $68 million opening day. $160 million is possible, if this doesn't fall hard over these next few days.

Funny thing about ticket prices. AMC's reward program is that for every $100 spent, you get a $10 credit. A couple years ago, that was the equivalent to a regular movie ticket. Well now the price at my theater is over $11, so I still need to fork over another dollar or two. The fuckers.

• Like 1

Funny thing about ticket prices. AMC's reward program is that for every $100 spent, you get a $10 credit. A couple years ago, that was the equivalent to a regular movie ticket. Well now the price at my theater is over $11, so I still need to fork over another dollar or two. The fuckers.

I remember when my AMC was doing a $5 dollar Tuesday thing a year or two back. Damn I miss that. :unsure:

Buy the Costco passes if you have one nearby. $8 a piece.

60m incl. Previews would be quite low. That would be more or less the same friday Iron Man 2 did. But wait, didn't "The Avengers" start in the high 60s with early estimates?

$65m. Ended up at nearly $81m. If the same thing happens for IM3, it would end up at nearly $75m.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Regals is free, and I get a free movie, popcorn, or soda every other time I go pretty much. 

Just crunched some numbers and here's what I got with a hypothetical 174.1m OW:

With SM3 legs: 387.7m

With IM2 legs: 424.6m

With Thor legs: 479.6m

With Avengers legs: 523.3m

With IM1 legs (includes Thursday previews): 542.9m

400m looks very likely if that number holds.

• Like 1

Any idea on admissions so far comparing to TA?

I can only get my theaters attendance, and since im at a smaller theater this year, there wont be a comparison. Hmmm, maybe I can ask my DM if she gets a similar report, but for all the theaters in her district...