Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I don't know about that calculation. He said it was running 17% behind the Avengers. If that is the case, the day ends up around $69-70m. Needs to be within 8% of TA's pace to reach $75m.

Yes, but that's more than likely 17% behind Avengers total matinee pace.  We still have a good 3-4 hours to go on the WC, and another hour here on the EC.  Still, I'm not setting anything in stone.

Yes, but that's more than likely 17% behind Avengers total matinee pace.  We still have a good 3-4 hours to go on the WC, and another hour here on the EC.  Still, I'm not setting anything in stone.

You sure about that? I assumed he was making a direct comparison to the same point in time.

Well, I don't think anyone else made the mistake you did. :lol:

Words matter, most people don't care :P Every means all and all means every and all weekends means every weekend in the year so there ;)

You sure about that? I assumed he was making a direct comparison to the same point in time.

I'm not, so yeah it could be.  70M is definitely the safer bet.  It irks me that reporting for this is still so archaic.  

I'm not, so yeah it could be.  70M is definitely the safer bet.  It irks me that reporting for this is still so archaic.  

Best reporting we ever got was DH2's opening day. They did constant updates on the amount of pre-sales and constant updates during the day about how much it had already made.

• Like 3

I don't know about that calculation. He said it was running 17% behind the Avengers. If that is the case, the day ends up around $69-70m. Needs to be within 8% of TA's pace to reach $75m.

You have to consider, that there's a limit in evening shows. Full is full and that's where Iron Man could come closer, as 8PM shows are sellouts most of the time for a movie of this size.

Best reporting we ever got was DH2's opening day. They did constant updates on the amount of pre-sales and constant updates during the day about how much it had already made.

Yeah I remember that.  That whole day was insane.  There was one point where we thought it'd hit 110M on Friday, because Andrew Stewart reported that it was X% ahead of TDK through the same point and we just applied that to the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Let's not get too crazy. Always remember the weekend of December 14.

After midnight numbers.

Around expected, so very good!

Still easily on track for $100m+ with that.

This was pretty much exactly what I expected for a midnight gross. It's well on track to do over 100M this weekend....110-115M may even be possible!

Pretty good midnight considering $100 mil plus now. WOM will be good as i have a feeling from what i have heard that the average moviegoer likes it much better then the average critic so WOM will be pretty good.

After Friday numbers.

Now this is bordering on Disaster territory.

Horrible. This is doing terribly. No way to spin it. Ugh

All I hope for now is 300m domestic

If it does $35 million today then it will actually be very lucky to hit $85 million for the weekend. With that $100 million is out of the question, as it would take a mammoth Saturday jump (from non midnight Friday) for it to get even $90 million.

fishnets thinks it will increase WITH midnights. I know that for a fact. And yes, it will definitely increase without midnights.

Let's say its Friday is $37 ($24m without midnights - damn). Let's give it a VERY nice bump which I seriously doubt will happen (+30%).

Fri: $37m
Sat: $31.2m (really doubt it will increase that much, but for the film's sake, let's say it does)
Sun: $23m

$91.2m.

$100m is dead and gone.

Always remember. We had one Hobbit and then one "Floppit."

• Like 2