Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Am bummed that 160m OW seems to be out now. Thought that would definitely happen. Mid 150's isn't bad, but disappointing. It also makes 400m very hard now with this month's schedule.

It's not out at all. Supposedly as of 5 PM Central, the film had made $33m. A strong night could get that up to around $70m, which would make it very likely that the weekend reaches the mid-160's.

• Like 3

lol i thought i'd never make it to the end of this thread.....

this thread up and downs is just as much comfort food to me as the iron man movies

love tony stark/iron man, like pepper , like happy even rhodes so  i'm just silly happy to spend 2hrs with them ...

oh and yeah i'm going to see it again tomorrow  :wub:

• Like 1

Am bummed that 160m OW seems to be out now. Thought that would definitely happen. Mid 150's isn't bad, but disappointing. It also makes 400m very hard now with this month's schedule.

Well I don't think schedule will be a problem at all, I think Star Trek into Darkness and Fast Six will be extremely sorry when Iron Man 3 is still going strong going into Memorial Day weekend.

• Like 2

Nothing is set in stone yet but yeah 400 was always a stretch in my book. Better to chill and wait for RTH to descend.

Why? I don't recall it hurting Batman Begins, and it's the

exact same twist.

I loved the twist, but it's definitely not the exact same.

BB's marketing was not hyping Ken Watanabe's character to the max like IM3's marketing was hyping Kingsley's character.

It's not out at all. Supposedly as of 5 PM Central, the film had made $33m. A strong night could get that up to around $70m, which would make it very likely that the weekend reaches the mid-160's.

Yeah 70m would be a great OD. I was talking about if it only hits $63-65m.

BB's marketing was not hyping Ken Watanabe's character to the max like IM3's marketing was hyping Kingsley's character.

Keep saying it's not the same and I get the uncontrollable urge to post that Vanilla Ice video

• Like 1

This. Also Rahs Al Ghul isn't The Joker. The Mandarin is IMs "Joker". You don't have a fake joker.