sfran43

Thursday Numbers - Rampage: 1.94M - AQP: $2.32M

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

+10% from Wednesday and down only 11% from last Thursday. Between the lack of strong new releases and this being the last weekend before IW I wonder if we could see a 4.5M weekend or better.    

Also this makes it look look like BP will spend 66 days before falling below 500k, wonder if that makes top 3.  

Edit: Nope, looks like that is behind Frozen (73 days), ET (89 days), Avatar (94), and Titanic (a wholly unreasonable 122 days spent closer to 1M than to 0).

Edited by Sliver Legion
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

+10% from Wednesday and down only 11% from last Thursday. Between the lack of strong new releases and this being the last weekend before IW I wonder if we could see a 4.5M weekend or better.    

Also this makes it look look like BP will spend 66 days before falling below 500k, wonder if that makes top 3.

Its possible. I checked all the top grossing movies and only Avatar and Titanic seems to have more days than 66. So yeah its gonna be top 3

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Its possible. I checked all the top grossing movies and only Avatar and Titanic seems to have more days than 66. So yeah its gonna be top 3

Dug a little deeper, Frozen and ET also made it (honestly I was quite surprised to see daily data for ET at all). Think Panther might be 5th though.

6 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

Dug a little deeper, Frozen and ET also made it (honestly I was quite surprised to see daily data for ET at all). Think Panther might be 5th though.

Yeah I just checked again, you are right. Frozen is surprising but then again it had a slow start so it makes sense

A Quiet Place is only down 36% from last Thursday, and is actually adding another 219 theatres this weekend. It looks to me like it will have another really strong weekend drop.

Black Panther keeps adding more good money to its big pile of money - down only 11.5% from last Thursday. It will still be in 1,930 theatres this weekend, its 10th weekend. Its retention is incredible. This is more theatres in its 10th weekend than the behemoth 'The Force Awakens' (1,618 theatres), 'The Avengers' (1,125 theatres), 'Jurassic World' (738 theatres), and 'The Last Jedi' (351 theatres).

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1