1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Copy-pasting my post from the weekend thread:

I probably don’t have to tell anyone this, but just in case, I want to say to you guys to never watch Game Over, Man! on Netflix.  I watched it last night, and it’s easily the worst film of the year thus far.  It’s so vile, repugnant, reprehensible, and has the worst sense of humor for any Hollywood film I’ve ever seen (*not an exaggeration*).  There’s seriously a scene where they explode a dog while swimming in water and there is a pool of blood streaming down from the water; this is played for laughs btw.  There’s also a gag revolving around a guy giving analingus to another guy that’s only there for shock value and nothing else; there’s no punchline to it.  There are so many other moments like this.  It’s also not so subtly homophobic.  There are plenty of jokes where the punchline is “HA!  It’s funny because it’s gay.”  They try to redeem themselves by making one of the main characters come out at the end, but it just feels forced and only serves to offer more jokes about “ha it’s better up the butt than it is with girls."

Also, I bet they thought this was so fucking hilarious, but I really did not want to see a dick being severed off in close up and then showing the severed penis MULTIPLE TIMES.  The movie is also weirdly violent for a comedy.  It takes great pleasure in showing all of its gruesome acts and seems genuinely tone deaf as to how horrifying some of this shit is.  I came into this movie to laugh, not be disgusted and cringing.  And I can generally handle violence (I got through all of the Saw movies with only a few problems here and there), but Jesus fucking Christ was it out of place and just nasty here.  I should’ve known better than to watch the Adam Devine Netflix comedy, but please, for the love of god, don’t even watch this for morbid curiosity.  It will ruin your day.  Sorry for this long rant but I had to rant about how horrible this film is and get it off my chest.  F