SLAM!

Beautifully Broken | ArtAffects | August 24th, 2018 (limited) | faith-based film starring the guy who played Reverend Jude in the God's Not Dead films

MV5BMDY3YWI3ZTItZTYzMS00ZTJmLWExYmMtNTc0

Beautifully Broken is a dramatic faith-based film that follows different families in different parts of the world who are going through tough times -- in other words, it seems like a faith-based take on Babel, a comparison that is probably only halfway valid. It is to be distributed by the relatively new ArtAffects, a distributor that specializes in faith-based films, and this will be their fifth release. The film was dated considerably early and August has become a bit of a wasteland, so I decided to go ahead and makd a thread for it, just in case the film can manage a suprising sleeper success akin to Let There Be Light, which came out at around the same time last year.

To me, the film looks to be pretty, though I'm a little scared that people who take it at face value might accuse it of being white-savior-ish -- Same Kind Of Different As Me was accused of that last year, and the accusation did its box office absolutely no favors. This film doesn't seem like it's doing that, though, at least from the trailer.

• Like 1