nghtvsn

Lovecraft Country | HBO Max | Season 1

Synopsis: 

Lovecraft Country is an American horror drama television series developed by Misha Green based on the 2016 novel of the same name by Matt Ruff. Starring Jurnee Smollett and Jonathan Majors, it premiered on August 16, 2020, on HBO.[2] The series is produced by Monkeypaw Productions, Bad Robot Productions, and Warner Bros. Television Studios.

The series is about a young black man who travels across the segregated 1950s United States in search of his missing father, learning of dark secrets plaguing a town on which famous horror writer H. P. Lovecraft supposedly based the location of many of his fictional tales.

Who has been watching or watched this? What are you thoughts? 

I only just started and I just learned there are only 6 episodes but they are a full hour each. The first one was a bit slow to get into but once the fantastical stuff is introduced I'm just straight hooked on this. I found it so interesting to be integrating 50s America, racism issues, and mythical elements in the story. It's funny because the only reason I was originally gonna watch was because in the trailer it had UFOs and weird creatures so I thought it was some science fiction show. It's less about aliens and more about wizards, wolves and monsters. I think I'm on #4. Just finished the episode with Ruby transforming into a white woman and it's cool they kept that lady with the dogs. I'm loving this show so far. High quality and interesting. 

• Like 1