kayumanggi

SOUND OF HOPE: THE STORY OF POSSUM TROT | 07.04.2024 | Angel

On 6/21/2024 at 4:32 PM, Insomnia said:

I feel like they need to do a lighter yearly slate with bigger, quality productions. This releasing a bunch of Hallmark style Christian movies isn't going to work (this coming from a person of faith). I know that route carries more risk but these films like Sight and what not just don't have much of an audience, even among the Christian community. 

You are asking them to be something they are not .

Fact is that the big problem with the "Faith" studios is they don't get that not hitting your audience over the head is often the best way to get your message across. IThey have totally failed to find a audience beyound the usual evangelicals. Hell, Cabrini was an obvious attempt to appeal to the Catholic Audeince, and they failed. Faith studios bascially preach to the converted, and none of them seem able to move beyond that.

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You are asking them to be something they are not .

Fact is that the big problem with the "Faith" studios is they don't get that not hitting your audience over the head is often the best way to get your message across. IThey have totally failed to find a audience beyound the usual evangelicals. Hell, Cabrini was an obvious attempt to appeal to the Catholic Audeince, and they failed. Faith studios bascially preach to the converted, and none of them seem able to move beyond that.

I mean, all of Hollywood has this problem right now. I guess whether it's okay or not to any person depends on if the message aligns with their worldview.

But I do agree in a general sense that preaching won't get you an audience. Themes and messages have always been a part of movies - of art in general - but they have to be written into the script waaay better than they often are lately. Otherwise it's clunky and alienating.