Happy, Happy (2010) (Sykt lykkelig)

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This Norwegian film about two failing marriages is part comedy part drama and one of the best foreign language films I've seen.  Two kind of yuppie couples live across from each other and when it is obvious that one marriage is on the rocks, we find out that the other has a lot of tension as well, due to an affair that is still being mended.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

This is a gorgeous looking film and it is set somewhere in the winter in Scandanavia, Norway I assume.  The script is very funny but not slapstick funny, more funny because it's life.  And the female cast is absolutely gorgeous.  Agnes Kittlesen plays Kaja and Maibritt Saerens plays Elisabeth.  I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them break into Hollywood.  

I enjoy watching foreign films from time to time and this is one of the best I've seen in a while.

9/10