baumer

The Perfect Storm (2000)

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The first time I watched it in a theatre I came out really impressed because the visual effects were spectacular for 2000. I re-watched it last year and it holds up better than I expected. I had forgot how small scale it was for a disaster(ish) movie and that it spends 1 hour with the characters before they go to the sea. The characters and their stories are nothing original but the movie spends enough time with them to make you care about them in the end.

B+ I think this Out of Sight-3 Kings-O, Brother-Ocean'11 period was the peak in Clooney's career. He has been consistently good and after 2001 but in those 4 years (just before he become a movie star), he was something special.

I pretty much move this film.  Great chemistry between the actors, great special effects and great direction by Petersen.  The wave is the highlight of the film of course but much of the script is quite good too.

8.5/10

• Like 1