ladyevenstar22

V.C. Andrews Flowers in the attic & Petals on the wind (LIFETIME)

has anyone else watched these or even heard of the books 

i watched this last night both back to back , speechless hardly covers it 

what a messed up story and i keep reading comments on twitter hashtag for the films that the books were even more sordid and depraved 

the worst part of it is i was actually rooting for the brother and sister as a couple , this is a show where incest is not the worst family crime being committed  :blink:  :ph34r:

i vaguely remember i must have tried reading the first book in the series when i was very young and i'm pretty sure i was turned off by a rape scene or something early on and never finish the book and never tried to read the series again , i was too young and not psychologically prepared for such themes , thing is no one was supervising what i read at the time as an 8yrs old i went through the kids section of my library in a year (bookworm was my middle name)

and so out of curiosity i started scouting the adult section and bless my lovely librarians they let me 

a bit OT about the same time i was reading a lot of scifi and ignored these huges books titled lord of the rings story seemed a bit meh  -_-  i will never forgive myself for missing out on reading those as a kid tsk tsk

Edited by Lady Daenerys SNOW-STARK

In some ways, these books were Twilight before Twilight, but way worse in terms of morality/sex and read by girls just as young, so the fuss about all the damage Stephenie Meyer was doing to women of the world with Edward and Bella always made me roll my eyes.

The Lifetime movies have toned down the content of the books, though not as much as the theatrical Flowers in the Attic, which removed the brother/sister element entirely, which is kind of a theme of the series. But to do VC Andrews justice, if you would consider it such a thing, it really needs to be on HBO/Showtime/Starz and directed by Ryan Murphy.

Petals had better casting, Cathy/Carrie/Corinne all looked related. Kiernan Shipka, I like on Mad Men, but was all wrong for Cathy.