Anyone watching this show set during the infamous "New World" Puritanical Witch Trials of 1692?

A friend DVR'd them and we are going to watch the first 6/7eps and decide if it's a keep or discard. Last night we watched the first three. Based on the official website the final three episodes of season one are coming. 

Posted Image

Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, 'Salem' explores what really fueled the town's infamous witch trials and dares to uncover the dark, supernatural truth hiding behind the veil of this infamous period in American history. In Salem, witches are real, but they are not who or what they seem.

Written by WGN

Posted Image

From what I gather out of 3 episodes there is a lead witch in Salem who is seeking to perform a ritual killing to be timed with a "Hunters Moon" and it requires 10 human sacrifices. She is going to use the historical girls who made the accusations as her tools for pointing out the guilty. Thus getting her ritual blood. 

A more seasoned with from the Old World (Europe) has only appeared in episode 3, but she is urging caution about bringing so much attention to their craft. This is causing a rift among the covens. 

It seems every episode we'll get a guilty party. There will be strife in the town over the accused. Meanwhile the head witch(Mrs.Silby/Janet Montgomery) will be trying to stay ahead of being discovered and/or outed by the Senior Witches. Not to mention her former lover whose back from a frontier war and thought dead. Oh, and she had some kind of ritual witchy abortion with their child. Sure that's going to come back into play eventually. 

As I watched it I was neither gripped by it, nor felt it bad. I think it needs the episodes I'm going to allow it to fully lay out it's game plan. Oh, and the opening song is by Marilyn Manson. Dollhouse, AoS, V, and others of this genre often need a few episodes. Still, I did think---when does Sleepy Hollow come back again? 

So by episode 6or7 John Alden still doesn't know that his old flame Mary is the towns head witch?

Wonder how far in they are saving that reveal for? I feel the historical ties can only last this season, so he has to find out. 

If the show is picked up for a S2 where does it go? Staying in Salem seems odd, depending on how the broader goings on with the Old World witches unfolds.