Mulder

Jurassic Park fan thread

Yeah If I give JP a (100) than I give TLW a (93).

Its almost a mirror opposite of the first movie in a way. Lots of similarities especially structurally.

Plus the music is fucking amazing. 

I love all the species they put in TLW. Made the whole ecosystem of Isla Sorna feel so alive.

• Like 1

((Quite possibly this will be the Mulder and Jay geek out 24/7 thread))

hahaha I was about to post something in the same vein. 

Another thing about TLW is I love all 3 moments when they hint the JP theme. Its perfect. Also love how once we leave Isla Sorna we never here the TLW main theme again. T-rex in SD is a great track. 

• Like 1

All of Spielberg's refs to giant monster films in the San Diego scene ((The boat with the Rex having the name of the boat from King Kong, the Japanese men yelling "WE LEFT JAPAN TO GET AWAY FROM THIS!")) are so hilarious and amazing.

• Like 1

All of Spielberg's refs to giant monster films in the San Diego scene ((The boat with the Rex having the name of the boat from King Kong, the Japanese men yelling "WE LEFT JAPAN TO GET AWAY FROM THIS!")) are so hilarious and amazing.

You've seen return to JP yes? All the people running away in that scene is the crew/producers.

• Like 2

And the look of jungle felt amazing. The redwoods, compared to the oasis actually made it feel much more prehistoric. 

Someone on JPL visited the redwoods recently and took pictures. Looks virtually unchanged from TLW and it's truly amazing. Walking With Dinosaurs shot on location there as well.

• Like 1

Of course they upload Walking with Dinosaurs to Netflix right after mine breaks. 

Whats your thoughts on JP3? I give it a C+. Its a fan fiction film. It really needed a proper sub plot. Maybe touch on the genetics more? 

1 more scene before the island and It really just needed one more action set piece too. I mean the Spino just walks away never to be seen again. 

Also the movie had no non dino action really. No car falling down the tree, no glass cracking. It was missing some character involved action. It was just such a rush job. 

• Like 1

Of course they upload Walking with Dinosaurs to Netflix right after mine breaks. 

Whats your thoughts on JP3? I give it a C+. Its a fan fiction film. It really needed a proper sub plot. Maybe touch on the genetics more? 

1 more scene before the island and It really just needed one more action set piece too. I mean the Spino just walks away never to be seen again. 

Also the movie had no non dino action really. No car falling down the tree, no glass cracking. It was missing some character involved action. It was just such a rush job. 

I'd give it a 4/10. I love the aviary scene. Love the river scene. That's about it. I found Grant annoying and the new characters besides Udesky were bland and dull....or annoying ((Billy and Amanda)). The Spino vs Rex scene was also dumb as hell.

• Like 1

So that it doesn't fill up the JW thread. Am I the only one who thinks TLW is very nearly as good as JP?

I don't think it is nearly as good as JP, but that is only because JP is one of the few films I would rate a 100. TLW I would give an 91. Way better than JP3. That I would give a D/D+ or a 68.

• Like 2

I've only seen the first one, or at least I think so, and I love it. I'll do the rest before JW comes out.

Though I think I remember some beach scenes with dinosaurs but I really can't remember much even if that is from one of the sequels.

I've only seen the first one, or at least I think so, and I love it. I'll do the rest before JW comes out.

Though I think I remember some beach scenes with dinosaurs but I really can't remember much even if that is from one of the sequels.

You need to watch the The Lost World as it is really good and underrated. JP3 isn't good, but it is worst a 1x viewing, so give it a watch too.

The beach scene you are thinking about might be the opening of TLW as that takes place on a beach.

• Like 3