Ezen Baklattan

The 2011 Spaghetti Awards!

Brooks was great, but Mark Strong was fantastic.___Anyways, here are the nominations for art direction.HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPYHUGOMIDNIGHT IN PARISTHE ARTISTThe winner is....

HUGO

Edited by Spaghetti

Music time! Here are the nominees for best original music:LUDOVIC BOURCE (THE ARTIST)ALBERTO IGLESIAS (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY)CLIFF MARTINEZ (DRIVE)CHRIS BACON (SOURCE CODE)TRENT REZNOR & ATTICUSS ROSS (THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO)The winner is...

TRENT REZNOR & ATTICUSS ROSS (THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO)

Next, here's best song.STAR SPANGLED MAN (CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER)COEUR VOULANT (HUGO)MAN OR MUPPET (THE MUPPETS)PICTUTES IN MY HEAD (THE MUPPETS)LIFE'S A HAPPY SONG (THE MUPPETS)The winner is...

LIFE'S A HAPPY SONG (THE MUPPETS)

Now, let's move onto the nominees for Best Screenplay. Here's Original.50/50MIDNIGHT IN PARISTHE ARTISTRANGOWIN WINThe winner is....

50/50!

And now adapted.TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPYTHE DESCENDANTSHUGOMONEYBALLTHE MUPPETSAnd the winner is....

THE DESCENDANTS

Now, we're getting somewhere. Here are the nominees for best actress:BERENICE BEJO (THE ARTIST)KRISTEN WIIG (BRIDESMAIDS)BRIT MARLING (ANOTHER EARTH)VIOLA DAVIS (THE HELP)CHARLIZE THERON (YOUNG ADULT)And the winner is...

BERENICE BEJO (THE ARTIST)

Next up, we have Best Actor. Ryan Gosling was nominated twice in this category!RYAN GOSLING (THE IDES OF MARCH)RYAN GOSLING (DRIVE)GARY OLDMAN (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY)JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT (50/50)GEORGE CLOONEY (THE DESCENDANTS)And the winner is...

GARY OLDMAN (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY)

Edited by Spaghetti

We've approached our penultimate award for the evening: Best Director. Here are the nominees.

MARTIN SCORCESE (HUGO)

TOMAS ALFREDSON (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY)

GORE VERBINSKI (RANGO)

NICOLAS WINDINGS REFN (DRIVE)

MICHAEL HAZANAVICIUS (THE ARTIST)

The winner is...

NICOLAS WINDINGS REFN (DRIVE)

It is time. Here are the nominees for Best Picture.

50/50

Perhaps the pure paradigm of, "I laughed, I cried," 50/50 is a remarkable film about overcoming cancer with a 50/50 chance of surviving, marked by a riveting performance from Joseph Gordon Levitt.

RANGO

Funny, visually stunning, and just so damn cool, Rango has pretty much everything. It's a shame that it didn't do as well as it should have, though.

THE ARTIST

The academy certainly made a good choice this year. The Artist is funny and heartfelt at the same time. It says so much by saying so little at all.

HUGO

Never has a film reminded me why I love watching movies. They're not just a diversion, they're a work of art. Scorcese's intricately made film is just incredible.

DRIVE

Incredibly made, slick and stylish, and well developed all around, Drive is a cinematic marvel. There isn't a bad thing about this movie.

The award goes to....

*opens envelope*

DRIVE!