cookie

The CAYOM Soundtrack/Score Descriptions Thread

I said on Telegram that I was gonna do it, so...

Due to the rise in soundtrack/score descriptions over the past few years, I've come to the belief there should be a separate thread for this stuff instead of having it inevitably be buried in the magazine thread. However, since there still might not be enough descriptions every year for it to be worth having separate threads, I'm putting up a "general" score descriptions thread that'll last indefinitely. In order to make scores easier to find, I'll include an index in the first post with links to each score.

A few ground rules:

1. No discussion or unrelated posts go into this thread - Think of this as an archive. I'd rather not have it be filled with posts that are not the score descriptions themselves. The only exceptions will be to announce any addendums to the rules or thread bumping if the thread falls too far behind and thus becomes harder for players to locate.
  2. Do not post score descriptions for films that are not completed - This one should be self-explanatory. If your movie's not finished, neither is your score. Nothing says you can't work on and then post them side by side, but only films that have been posted in the year's part one thread get to have their score descriptions posted.
  3. Listing the composer and the film/score's release year is mandatory
  4. You are allowed to include scores for multiple films in one post, but you can't cross years - This is so I can actually archive your scores. Basically, you can describe multiple scores in the same post, but they all have to have been released in the same game year. So if you have a post with a bunch of Y10 scores, you can not reuse that post for Y11 scores, and so on. You are also allowed to do one score per post if that suits your fancy.
  5. You are not allowed to add or subtract scores that weren't in the original post - Again, so I can actually archive it. If you have a post with say three score descriptions, but then decide you want to add a fourth one at a later date, the fourth score should go in a new post. Nothing should be removed either. I try to keep it so that I update the index whenever a new post is made in this thread, meaning there's a chance I'll miss a score if it gets edited into an existing post or removed from it.
  6. You are allowed to repost scores from previous years - Same rules will apply: list the composer and release year, and keep the years separate. No combining all your previous work into one post.
  7. All scores will get separate links in the index, even if they lead to the same post
  8. In the index, films/scores will be listed by release year, and in alphabetical order

The index will be found just below this text once the first few scores have been posted.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 5