kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer 2 on page 7

Sticking to my $200 mil club. Could be dead wrong but I think the hype is there for this or at least will be once the promo kicks into gear. If inside out and despicable me don't slouch in admissions then would be further confidence in post-covid mainstream animation.

• Like 1

Trailer is a bit too focused on slapstick and boilerplate good vs evil conflict for my taste, and I feel like Roz ought to have had a more electronically-affected voice, but I'm still pretty sure they'll be cooking with the feature-length product.

I do notice a few differences from the book, one of which is something of a bummer but again I'll reserve judgment.

35 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Trailer is a bit too focused on slapstick and boilerplate good vs evil conflict for my taste, and I feel like Roz ought to have had a more electronically-affected voice, but I'm still pretty sure they'll be cooking with the feature-length product.

I do notice a few differences from the book, one of which is something of a bummer but again I'll reserve judgment.

Yeah, after watching that, I wonder if the ending will remain the same as the book...

It doesn't seem like Chitchat is in this. I thought that might've been who Stephanie Hsu was voicing but apparently she's that older long lost robot which was not in the first book. That's the only one I've read so maybe they're in the second or something. Seems like they are including elements from later books.

Edited by AniNate

53 minutes ago, AniNate said:

It doesn't seem like Chitchat is in this. I thought that might've been who Stephanie Hsu was voicing but apparently she's that older long lost robot which was not in the first book. That's the only one I've read so maybe they're in the second or something. Seems like they are including elements from later books.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, that she would voice chitchat.

I hope the ending remains the same though, I think that sold the original story to a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Well, I guess it's best I process that disappointment now so I can focus on the movie's vision later. Thought her rapport with Brightbill was one of the book's best elements.

You have to give some probability that I’m simply not remembering something from a partly finished movie I saw four months ago. But yeah, better to be safe than sorry.