Porky's II: The Next Day (1983)

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

For those that liked the first, this is the perfect sequel. For those that didn't like it, this movie isn't directed at you. Stay away from it and don't even start complaining about the nudity and sexuality in it. But for those of us that appreciate the humour contained in here, there is more of the same stuff.

I will just tell you that I have not laughed as much as I did in this movie in quite some time unless you include Eddie Murphy's Delirious. But as a film this is one funny gag after another once again. If you want to know what is generically funny about this film, read the review for Porky's. It is the same kind of humour in both films. However, each film has a few scenes that I will never forget. In the first one it was the penis sketch artist scene. In here it will be the rendition that Billy and his counterpart put on in their Shakespeare Festival. They are dueling to the death in an epic sword fight. One of the swords break and it is up to Tommy to find a sword for them to finish to scene properly. So he hands him a leg from a woman's manikin...the same leg that made a nice lamp in Christmas Story, both films directed by honorary Canadian, Bob Clark. This has to be seen to be appreciated.

I loved this movie and I really recommend it to those that love high school humour. And if you have seen the first and liked it, you will love this one as well.

Funnier than the first.

9.5/10

• Like 1